JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote Control stopped controlling cable box

(Topic created: 07-17-2020 12:17 AM)
Eccs
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a TU7000 50" that had been working great for the last couple of weeks... Then the remote stopped being able to control my cable box (Spectrum Motorola/Arris dcx3600m). 

Cable box is directly connected to TV via HDMI 1. Video/audio playback is fine, just can't control with the Samsung remote anymore. I tried removing the stb from the TV and seeing back up, but gets stuck at the channel up/down part (doesn't respond) even after inputting the model number directly.

Help please!

Note10+, TU7000, S22 Ultra
JUMP TO SOLUTION
67 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Try Universal Remote Setup again, but when you get to the Channel Up/Down part, try to control the STB starting from the 11th try (skip the first 10 tries). Oh, and make sure you point the remote at the STB.

0 Likes
userxrJIHNZxcw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The detection of the universal remote leaves me 7 attempts to raise or lower the channel and then forces me to indicate the model of the cable box. But it is not on the list. Anyway, when I initially configured it, it worked for the first time without indicating the model. That is not the problem.

Options
HD and UHD TVs

When it asks you to enter model of your STB, just continue to hit No until after you see the 10th try. Then starting from the 11th try and up, point the remote at the STB and check if the remote controls your STB.

0 Likes
userxrJIHNZxcw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After the 7th time he makes me look for the model number. It never reaches 8 attempts.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

What if you enter your model number and then try the 2nd one?

0 Likes
userxrJIHNZxcw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My cable box model does not exist in the list

0 Likes
userzxojTSwdBi
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My remote control for my Class 6 Series LED 4k UHD Smart Tizen TV (UN70TU6980FXZA) suddenly stopped working with my Spectrum Cable Box overnight. It was working perfectly for the month that I've had the TV until this morning. I've reset the cable box, Samsung remote, and the Samsung Smart TV–the remote still won't connect to the Cable Box. I manually input the box model number into the Connection Guide (ARRIS 210) and that didn't work either. Please advise as to how I can reconnect my remote to control my cable box. 

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, Thank you for posting within the community! To avoid having multiple threads regarding the same situations, we have moved your post, as we have a similar thread that already has an accepted solution. You can find that thread here: Remote/ Cable Box Solution We appreciate you being part of the community, look forward to future posts from you and apologize for any inconvenience! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes