Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 10-20-2020 08:14 AM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

129 Replies
userIF2lDND0e7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sigh, I have the same problem with a KU6270.  I have tried two new remotes and everything I have read about to have them pair with the TV.  Always, "not available."  Contacted Samsung and, though this is a common problem with their TVs, they told me I'd have to pay to have the motherboard replaced as the TV is 3 years old and out of warranty.  A $1,000 TV should not have problems after only 3 years.  Sounds like it is time for a class action law suit for defective products.

userdFn2rwPawV
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Multiple times a day, all the buttons stops working on the remote except the power button. Had to reconnect the remote by pressing the back + play/pause buttons together. 

Tried removing the battery  - Did not help

userah6bywEI3J
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This one worked for me. My power was the only thing working to turn on/off my QLED 6 Series 2018 model. Red light blinking. I held the return/back button and play/pause button for about 10-15 seconds and the remote paired with the TV! Praise be!

0 Likes
userhJkLZqXNti
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue, but pressing the buttons didn't work. It did allow me to turn on the TV though.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just for clarification are you using the stock remote or a 3rd party universal remote

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userA1OtTk33jS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same thing just happened to me... but this solution of holding the back and up button isn't working. 

0 Likes
userz06e6hZVm8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unplug television for reset. Repair is printed inside rear battery cover.....(back+play buttons) will repair Samsung remotes. 16032068273296442770927077242806.jpg

userPcq5dX3zQC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same thing happened to me and nothing worked until I unplugged my tv for 10 to 15 seconds and it paired on its own after that. 

0 Likes
users2JOYwcu6M
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
None of the solutions worked for me, thanks!
0 Likes
useriprcUfaH2k
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Same here. Nothing works for me..
Samsung us junk
0 Likes