Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 08-12-2019 06:24 PM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
129 Replies
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello.

You are lucky.  I had to replace the Tv’s Mother Board.  Good thing still had warranty.

However, this message board worked great!  A Samsung Moderator set up my appointment and took care of everything.  House call and it was fixed.

userIF2lDND0e7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No, you are lucky. Just spent hours online with Samsung about a 2.5 year old KU6270 that has the issue.  After buying two new remotes I'm told it is a problem with the motherboard and it is out of warranty.  A $1,000 TV shouldn't have any problems for 10 years, much less less than 3. Will never purchase another Samsung product.  

userG03yvfWYNc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, this fixed mine.

0 Likes
Kalvak
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You ROCK!  Tried Everything, including full reset and painful re-Setup...  best I got was constant "Not Available" pop-up for EVERY button press!

Finally, about to give up - saw your post... "Back and UpVolume" and immediately got "Re-pairing on-screen widget", and done!

Thank you!

0 Likes
userIF2lDND0e7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unfortunately, hasn't worked for me.  Have a $1,000 two year old TV that I have to operate from behind.   

0 Likes
userLDib21j04I
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

There is no way I thought this would work.... Tried it and it did ?  

Thanks

0 Likes
userUyLGbCQ7Fc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I used this resolution successful for the same problem. Although an important detail missed was for the tv to be off when completing this step. 

userZXQ0WPe0fL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OMG for sure! Thought about doing that and thought, naw.... Thanks!!

0 Likes
userOOwVBC9DF3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I turned the tv off then pointed the remote at the tv and pressed and held the + VOL button while holding down the RETURN button for 30 seconds.  I turned the tv on expecting it to be paired but nothing.  Then, leaving the tv on, I pointed the remote at the tv and held in the red power button on the remote.  I think I held it for only a couple of minutes and the tv magically turned off!  Then I was able to use the remote to turn the tv back on, change the SOURCE, and control the volume.  It was great!  Until the battery compartment back came off. Then I got the Not Available message.  I just snapped it back on, turned the tv off then back on using the remote and everything works great so far!  Thank you for posting all your suggestions and experimentations!

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for sharing!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes