cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Remote not working and red light is flashing with UN55RU800DF

Hi,

Im having the same issues with the remote not working that I’ve read from previous posts. Tried everything - replacing batteries  - pairing with the back and play button with no luck. Keeps telling me not available. TV is only 6 months old. This shouldn’t be happening this early. What next?

UN55RU800DF

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Remote not working and red light is flashing with UN55RU800DF

I would recommend factory resetting the TV you can do that by navigating to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I can’t get to settings. When pressing back or home button The remote just flashes and the TV reads not available. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?

http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

This has happend on both of my TVs... my kids get the remotes, push the buttons too hard and they "stick". The flashing red light is a constant signal from the remote. Check all the buttons and see if the helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sorry, I forgot to include, a simple test to see if it is the remote. Hold your hand over or block the IR sensor on the front of the remote, if the blinking red light stops, probably a stuck button. That's how I figured mine out.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem. 6 month old tv and remote red light flashes. The on/off button works but nothing else. I tried to pair the remote but now I get a message on the tv that says "not available". I don't know how to factory reset the tv since the remote does not work.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same problem - started yesterday and also tried all the suggested ways to correct it. How did you fix it?