cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Remote stopped working (except for Power button)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This partially worked as on my remote I had to press the ‘return’ button and ‘menu’ button simultaneously and the Bluetooth sign came on the TV. Mine remote is the oval shaped one. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same symptoms on my 4 week old UE50NU7400 out of the box.

New remote from Samsung and hub/tv reset.

I’m taking it back for a refund.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That doesn't work
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing just happened to us.  Any other ideas for a solution?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! This helped me. But I did it differently.

#1. Firt I disconnected the power cable to the TV and waited 15 seconds before I reconnected it.

#2. Start the TV. (I started the TV with the remote because the power button was the only working button on the remote)

#3. Hold down the "Back" and "Play/pause" buttons on the remote to start the pairing process. Keep holding the buttons down until you get a message on the TV that it is connecting/pairing with the remote.

Voila! Now it (might) work! =)

For me, the pairing process didn't work before I disconnected the power cable. I tried several times before without any luck.

Also, the remote controls (red) light blinked constantly as soon as I pressed any button after reinstalling the batteries.

All this got fixed after doing these steps.

And I did not loose all my settings on the TV.

Although I don't promise that it won't happen for you...

Good luck and buy a book!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note: I could start the pairing process when my remote didn't work. It just didn't pair up with the TV.... It seemed like the remote and TV couldn't find each other. 

Although, after disconnecting the power cable for 15 seconds and then starting it up the TV and immediately pressing down the 'return' and 'play/pause' buttons to start the pairing process, it somehow worked all of a sudden!?

BOOM! Problem solved! 

PS: This kind of cr@p never happened with my old remotes... =/

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning power off worked for me on JS8500

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely the same problem and same behavior. The problems started 29-30th january . The only one step i did not try yet - factory settings Otherways these 3-4 steps working but not for long - after next turning on/ of is the same hell.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pairing remote with TV solution solved this problem for me, thank god i was going crazy trying to solve this exact problem (only power button working on remote)!!!

So for those who also have the problem do as that solution says, power off TV and remove plug for 15 seconds or 5 minnutes as i did to empty TV capacitors (dont know if this step really necessary).  Then with fresh or otherwise good batteries hold down the "return" (backwards looking swoosh symbol) and "play/pause" buttons until pairing message showed on TV and release buttons.  Viola, pairing message should show TV and remote paired successfully and remote works again.

THANKS AGAIN to Enheim who posted this solution!

Chris K

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The return and play / pause option for pairing did not helped for me because the problem was appered over and over again. Even my smartphone samsung galaxy could not see the TV at times. There was also a black screen for a few seconds.

All these problems were resolved after reset to factory settings and, most importantly, smart hub reset.

I suspect this is due to a software problem. Does everyone with this problem use some router?

Despite the problem, the 55Q7CAM is a great product with incredible picture, sound, and convenience that adds incredible delight.