cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjM8qFWLvBl
Constellation

Remote stopped working (except for Power button)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN50MU6300FXZA just bought yesterday--remote only works to power on and off the TV. We have a second Samsung TV in the house, and that remote will do the same to it, while the second TV's remote will still only power on/off the new TV. Changed batteries already--no change.

Please Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enheim
Constellation

Re: Remote stopped working (except for Power button)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! This helped me. But I did it differently.

#1. Firt I disconnected the power cable to the TV and waited 15 seconds before I reconnected it.

#2. Start the TV. (I started the TV with the remote because the power button was the only working button on the remote)

#3. Hold down the "Back" and "Play/pause" buttons on the remote to start the pairing process. Keep holding the buttons down until you get a message on the TV that it is connecting/pairing with the remote.

Voila! Now it (might) work! =)

For me, the pairing process didn't work before I disconnected the power cable. I tried several times before without any luck.

Also, the remote controls (red) light blinked constantly as soon as I pressed any button after reinstalling the batteries.

All this got fixed after doing these steps.

And I did not loose all my settings on the TV.

Although I don't promise that it won't happen for you...

Good luck and buy a book!

129 REPLIES 129
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you try the pairing steps below and tell me if there is any change?

Manual Pairing (Or Re-Pairing):

1. Within 12 inches of the TV, aim the Smart Control at the TV's IR sensor.
  2. Press and hold the RETURN and PLAY/PAUSE buttons at the same time.
  1. Continue holding the buttons until Connecting to the Samsung Smart Remote appears in the top middle of the TV screen.
  2. Pairing Complete appears when the remote has been successfully paired.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userbEp2VfOTda
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did not work

userzpCn7A7EdB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem, and I can't pair it; a small message appears on the screen "not available", plus now I can't connect my TV to the Internet
userRsUrcmU6kK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with mine...bought it 3 years ago and worked great up until this summer!, Pretty much renders this expensive TV useless. also; I purchased a new Remote thinking that was the problem then found out it is doing exactly the same as the old one (save your money and do not buy a new Remote). 

Will some one from Samsung reognize that this issue isn't just related to a small number of TV's in the UK and get a fix for the last update that you pushed out that was clearly flawed? 

usertmiqR4QhAe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue.  Bought a new remotes AND a new One Connect for my ks8500. I ended up getting an amazon knock off remote that works. Or download the samsung tv app and use that as a remote.

Did u ever get the original remote working again?

userB2LxNitYl1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I downloaded the Samsung TV app and had to click Allow on the TV.  Can't do that because the bloody Samsung TV remote doesn't work, which is why I'm trying to use an app.  

useroO2zAjXnum
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem as well. I'm one month passed the warranty coverage.

usercG8ZPNBT9c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same with me. TV bought last winter (less than a year). When I try to pair I get 'Not available'. 

I don't know if this is related but it doesn't recognize that I have a sound bar connected to it with an optical cable. Hopefully someone from Samsung can help fix this issue. 

usercG8ZPNBT9c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Just found this page. The chosen solution worked for me.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/370625/Remote+sensor+doesn%27t+work