cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userC89maCEf2n
Asteroid

Removing unwanted broadcast channels

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN32N5300AFXZA, 32" "smart" TV that I bought to replace a much older CRT and digital converter box.  I get all of my TV over the air and the new Samsung gets pretty good reception in a relatively remote area with a simple antenna.  Recently, I had to rescan the channels to deal with more changes in the digital spectrum.  The rescan worked, and I now get even more channels than before, as well as addressing the channels that "moved."

My problem is that a number of those new channels are ones that I do not care about at all, for example at least three shopping channels.  My old CRT and convertor box setup allowed me to deselect channels from what I suppose could be called a "favorites" list.  That way, scrolling through the channels never popped those odd ones up in the list.

Despite spending a fair bit of time this past weekend, I have yet to uncover anything similar on this Samsung.  Therefore, I have about 10 channels out of 47 that I still have to "flip" through to see what else is on.

Any hints are greatly appreciated.

While I am at it, is there a bigger manual that I can download that the short list of setup instructions packed with the TV?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Removing unwanted broadcast channels

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The information you are looking for is available on page 57 of the user guide, available for download at the following link. The manual is also available on the television by going to Settings > Support > Open e-Manual.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201807/20180727120716718/ENG_US_KSFATSCN-1.0.2.pdf

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The information you are looking for is available on page 57 of the user guide, available for download at the following link. The manual is also available on the television by going to Settings > Support > Open e-Manual.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201807/20180727120716718/ENG_US_KSFATSCN-1.0.2.pdf

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userC89maCEf2n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lou,

Thanks for the help.  I eventually found the manual on my own, but had not had a chance to dig that far into it to find the solution.  I look forwrd to getting those unwanted channels off the list soon.