JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Rename HDMI inputs on NU8000 Smart TV

(Topic created: 02-23-2020 05:36 AM)
LaziDaze
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have  an old Toshiba DVD (non BlueRay) player connected to HDMI2 port on my NU8000 55" TV. I cannot find an option to rename the port to indicate what is connected to it. It remains named "unknown" because it is not detected by the automatic detection nor is it included in the list of devices that you are given to chose from.  I also have the same problem with an old Wii game console  that is connected to HDMI3.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to rename inputs to a custom name as I have been able to do on previously owned TVs?

TIA for any advice.

9 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You would be able to change the input.  Which remote are you using?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
LaziDaze
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Jam - I am using the "One Remote" that came with the TV.  I am sure that I am missing many of its functions because it has a large learning curve to master it.  I use the DirectV remote for most of my uses.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you send us a private message with a picture of the inputs listings on the television.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
LaziDaze
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Jam - sent !!!

0 Likes
Solution
LaziDaze
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I resolved my problem with the help of moderators using PMs. I pressed home - source - edit - and was able to rename the HDMI sources to the appropriate names.  My problem was that I overlooked the up arrow on the screen menu that opened the edit button.

userARrL1E3POD
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes. But they reset when you turn off the TV. Help. I can rename and change icons, but they don't last. 

userARrL1E3POD
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Quite. So bloody annoying. Anyone?

user3D2GdjRHsC
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I get the same and does my head in. I don't bother labelling them anymore which my mild OCD hates.

I find if an input device powers off that wreaks it then sometimes spends ages to find it when I don't want it too.

Samsung, sort it!

userlYwtlCVPkT
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did u find a fix that sticks? I edit my source names but the changes don't stick. 

0 Likes