cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

SAMSUNG KS8000 Vertical Line

Hello,

Please help me! I purchased the samsun ks8000 a few years ago and today it just randomly started showing colorful vertical lines. I have tried everything to get it back to normal. Turning it on and off and disconnect and reconnecting all extrernal devices. 

This is a major problem for me as I use this TV very often. I am a big supporter of samsung product but this has really left me very upset! I paid a lot of money for this tv and I was hoping it would last me a while. 

If someone has a solution for this problem please let me know asap. WhatsApp Image 2020-09-22 at 3.45.43 PM.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: SAMSUNG KS8000 Vertical Line

Hi there - sorry to hear that you are having issues with your set.

Unfortunately, this is pretty typical of Samsung TV's as of the past few years, so honestly i'm not surprised to see this kind of thing happen. Their budget to mid range tv lineup have Fairly poor QC in general as of the past couple of years and people report issues here every day.

As for the problem itself, this looks like it could have something to do with a TCON board failure. If it happens to be the screen instead, you will have to get it replaced and it is extremely uneconomical to do so, and generally costs much more than the television is worth.

Theres not much you can do expect hope that a good mod responds and offers an out of warranty replacement. Best of luck.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Seriously! Thats not good at all. I really hope one of the moderators respond with help as this is just not right. I love samsung but, this is not a good look at all. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

if you can see the menu there is a way to calibrate your colors to try and fix this. Also try unplugging for 20 second then turning it back on. But honestly looks like a hardware issue. maybe a kid bumped into it. but if it's under warranty or not your going to have to get a Samsung tech to come out and see it.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey thanks for the reply. I can't see the menu at all. I tried the unplugging thing as well to no avail. Nobody bumped into it either because I live alone lol. I was just watching TV and boom random vertical lines. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Sorry to hear that. hopefully you have a warranty. If not i don't think fixing it will be cost effective. Try seeking it fit parts on Facebook and buy a openbox from Bestbuy they are so cheap i be recommend the Vizio series V for a budget TV. i was so impressed with the picture for the price. It is also HDR, Dolby Vision, 120hz Smart Tv.