cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

SAMSUNG TV KS8000 Vertical colored bars

Hi All,

Our TV model UE55KS8000 displays vertical colored bars and nothing else; sound and menu no longer function. Our TV was not dammaged by any accident.

We bought it in October 2016 for 2,381 Euros (France). It is a shame !

I always thought that SAMSUNG was a reliable brand and over the years I bought several products from this manufacturer. I am very upset and all the posts I read on this particular problem tend to prove that it is a major QC issue and failure from SAMSUNG for KS8000 series.

The TV is of course no longer under warranty and repair costs seem extravagant from what I read.

4 years of regular use for a TV of this price is not a long period of time which can justify to throw away my TV now.

When you pay that kind of money you are entitled to better quality.

If SAMSUNG does not help me by repairing my TV set as a one time exceptional service, I will never ever buy a SAMSUNG product and I will make sure that all my friends and acquaintances know what to expect when they pay good money for these products.

I hope someone can help me here and has a solution to recommend. Thanks in advance for any advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: SAMSUNG TV KS8000 Vertical colored bars

I cleaned (sprayed air) into the HDMI ports to clean them. it has the HDMI hub, correct? I had a picture issue and cleaning out solved the picture issue. hope this helps and fixes your picture.
Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, thanks for answering, but does not help.  all is clean and properly connected. The problem happened suddenly this week, picture turned to vertical colored bars and nothing else.... The panel looks basically dead.

Highlighted

I had pixels pop up on my screen. my HDMI hub seemed cleaned too. I do all the dusting unfortunately. to my surprise after taking an air can it fixed it. Samsung support asked me to unplug the hub and plug it back in and I was like , really? after hanging up I'm like what do I have to lose. sorry, my suggestion isn't the answer. heads up. . I did have a tv repair shop that is contracted with Samsung come out to fix my first TV and they had to replace the main board. well, these TVs are difficult to take apart and get back together correctly. the plastic clips easily broke when he took the back off. then Samsung just replaced the tv after that. I hope you get it resolved.