Original topic:

SAMSUNG does not honor warranty

(Topic created on: 1/29/21 5:09 PM)
userrGOoP5xE7B
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This 75" ceased functioning correctly on 11/16/20.  It is now 1/29/21.  Factory tech came in Nov 2020 and could not repair.  Since then They have done nothing but lie and make excuses that the replacement  TV is not in stock.  They send text messages that say nothing concrete.  I will NEVER BUY FROM SAMSUNG again.   

0 Likes
1 Reply
userDEpPoVVJ90
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The consumer protection act gives you an implied warranty. Even if your manufacturer warranty is past. Go look it up and / or contact the Consumer Protection agency and file a complaint. I am here doing the same thing, though I think it's only fair to at least give Samsung a chance to honor the Federal Law. If they refuse or don't think it applies then it can be settled by filing your complaint. I've been waiting three weeks now, provided pictures, and even personal information after asking to confirm it so that my issue could be addressed. Sadly, I haven't heard back since.  

I should also add that the CPA Congress passed explicitly deals with electronic as apparently they wanted to address the issue of less than quality products getting sold to consumers and then breaking down it states that "an implied warranty is granted to the consumer which states that electronics products should be relied upon to function properly for no less than 5 years." It goes on to state that the implied Warranty only applies to non-modified non-damaged goods, but clarifies that damaged does not mean faulty. And instead is there to protect businesses from people who purposely damage buy pouring water down their tv ( that's a dated example and one that they don't use however I use it just to provide an idea of what it covers and what it doesnt). 

The Consumer Protection Act is serious business too. It's not. Suggestion its the law. Any company once slapped with one of those is much better off honoring the laugh that is right there In black in and white albeit tiny 1000 page black and white lol.    But it's there none the less.  So It's much better to follow the law than to have a complaint filed which could and has lead to a who line of product being recalled and a public reaction of poorly handles

Good luck my friend and don't give up Samsung is a solid company just ask to speak to some one else. 

0 Likes