cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

SamSung TV UN65JS8500

I own Sam TV UN65JS8500.  I have Alexia Echo Dots.  Echo Dots and TV connected on Same Home network.  Sam TV has an Amazon 4K Firestick connected to HDMI3.  By total surprise ...I must have said something and the Sam TV Powered on to HDMI 3 and displayed Amazon Firestick Home page.  I stated; Alexa Turn off my TV...TV did not turn off.  I powered it off Manually.  I than said, Alexa TURN ON MY SAMSUNG TV...TV turned on; HDMI3...where Firestick insterted. 

When I open Alexa App...I see the TV as a device.  TV will not power Off my Alexa Turn off TV ot Turn Off SamSung TV.

I contacted Amazon Alexa Support...they said it was a SamSung Issue; Contacted SamSung..and you are right; they said it was am Amazon Echo Dot issue.

I just seems to me that if I can Turn ON TV asking Alexa to do so, I should be able to Turn it off asking Alexa to Turn it off.  The fact it will turn ON surely it is paired/Connected.

So Amazon Alexa Support and SamSung Support both point to the other...and neither has a resolution for me.....

Tried the samSung SMARTTHINGS App....which SamSung made me go thru all the steps to log into the App....just to finally tell me my Model SamSung TV is Not supported by App....and NOW I cannot uninstall that App (it has No Uninstall in my Lists of Apps in Cell Phone...it only has FORCE STOP)...I would like to Log ot of it, or delete it...anyone know How?

But the main issue, purpose of this POST, I can get Alexa to Power on my Sam TV, so far been unable to get Alexa to Turn it OFF. 

Asistance will be appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SamSung TV UN65JS8500

Please reach out to our specialized team at https://community.smartthings.com/ regarding the television and echo dot connectivity.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: SamSung TV UN65JS8500

Appreciate your reply....

Before I Posted I did contact the Smartthings SamSung unit...the agent had me go thru creating an acct and setting up the Smartthings app only ending in him tellimg me my Model Samsung TV (UN65JS8500) was not supported under that App....why couldn't he have told me that right up front.  So Now I am signed into an App that is of NO value to me...per the SamSung Agent with NO WAY to sign out of the App.  I went to my Android App List to Smartthings...it has NO Uninstall feature.  I looked all thru the App and it has no Log Out feature.

How do I log Out of the Smartthings App????

I contacted Amazon Alexa Support, they advised the issue was with SamSung, I contacted SamSung Smartthings Unit, they referred me to SamSung TV Support; they were of no Value....provided no support...said it was am Amazon Alexa Issue.

So I have spoken to 3 Humans; 2 from SamSung, 1 from Amazon...and all these experts simply say its the other ones issue...and wait, when I ask Alexa to turn off my SamSung TV the response is; Contact Samsung....so 2 humans, all experts, and one Electronic Device, Alexa...and no one has provided any support or resolved the issue...how sad.....