Original topic:

**Samsung 2020 T Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 11/9/20 6:56 PM)
userKxszz8HVpp
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

There seems to be a bug on the 2020 T Series TVs like the Q90T, Q80T etc..

It is a strange stutter/judder where it looks like frames drop all of a sudden then it speeds up then will stutter again. It’s most noticable when camera isn’t moving too much such as when interviewing a player or watching a game show.

All processing is off. I have tried turning judder reductions etc on at various levels but nothing helps.
It seems like there is a motion processing bug/glitch that could be fixed with a firmware update.

Is anyone else suffering from this? Not sure is it is a deinterlacing or hz processing bug.
We originally thought it was on 50hz content, but someone from US says they are having this issue too, so it would also be 60hz content too as you guys use 60hz.

It is well known over at the UK forums as seen here: Q90T stutter -50p/hz

Or EU Samsung Forums: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/q90t-stutter-frame-rate-slowdown-50hz-content/td-p/2006495

Or the US forums: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/samsung-2020-t-series-tv-motion-judder-stutter-frame-rate-firmware-...

userCrLn2K7FqV
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Firmware 1403 did not fix this problem

rafael6867
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I Totally agree as I was hoping this latest firmware would Finally solve the issue but it hasn't!!  Samsung techs...if you read our comments, please issue a firmware for this problem because it is not enjoyable to see skipped frames while watching regulat TV!!

JohnWa7ne
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have just had my  SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160P) HDR Smart QLED TV QN55Q80T 2020 for a week, and i am having this issue on certain channels. The only thing that i have found to fix it is by turning game mode on. It seems like the color isnt nearly as nice in this mode. I am thinking that i will return the tv.

0 Likes
rafael6867
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Have you tried contacting Samsung directly regarding this issue? I believe from what I've read is that it is a known issue. If you do contact them, please post here their reply! Thanks!!
0 Likes
userCrLn2K7FqV
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

FIRMWARE 1460DID NOT FIX THE JUDDER ISSUE WITH NEYWORK BROADCADTSAND OTHER PROGRAMMING.    SEEMS LIKE ONLY INCREMENTAL FIXES FOR THIS ISSUE

DO NOT BUY THIS TV

BUY A SONY

0 Likes
userCrLn2K7FqV
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Firmware 1460 did not fix this problem.  You would think Samsung would work 

on this issue instead of apps and such. You buy a tv to watch shows or movies and sports.

Maybe Samsung should hire some technicians from Sony to sole these issues.

0 Likes
Samsung_MM8P2CY
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue with QN75Q70T and software 1403.  Using DirecTV.

Have tired many settings combinations but none eliminate judder/studder.  Hallmark channel Christmas shows are consistently bad.  WGN shows such as JAG and In the Heat of the Night have judder.  It's not just old shows.  Some current new shows such as Conners judders.  Interstingly I've never seen the issue in a commercial.  Even shows that have a lot of judder, the commercials will be fine.

I also have a loty of movie and TV show DVDs/CDs  ripped to a media server.  Some of these videos also have the judder issue.  The videos that judder don't seem to be encoded any differently than those which do not judder.

One interesting issue is the Auto Motion option on grayed out on this TV.  THe expert settings is avaialble but not the Auto Motion option.  During one of the remote support sessions Auto Motion was available but not now.

Local Samsung service has checked TV.  No hardware issues found.   

Online support has tried twice to fix judder.  No help.  

Currently have escalated call to Samsung but no response in over a week after rep said I could expect a call back in 24 hours.  

I too am past my return date so I'm stuck with the TV.  

userqvSPALZ6T2
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Your Samsung TV is not broken. 

There is a very simple fix for the Motion/Judder issues. You just need to match the refresh rate of the video that you're watching with the HDMI refresh rate. For example, if you connect your Windows PC to the TV via HDMI at 60Hz and watch a Netflix movie, you're most likely going to see have motion/judder issues. For Netflix, change your refresh rate to 24Hz on Windows and you'll see how everyting works as expected.   

Depending on your PC hardware you'll be able to turn on variable refresh rate, For older hardware, just change your refresh rate when you're watching movies with a lower refresh rate then 60Hz.

Hope it helps

0 Likes
userepXElW7AyT
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I wish what you are saying were a "simple fix" but I do not believe it is. 

I have a 75 Q90T purchased 3 weeks ago and have the exact same issue everyone is describing. It happens where framerate drops when there is little motion (Football-pre-snap or prior to play starting) then once motion picks back up (after snap of football, play starts)  the framerate corrects itself. This happens not only wathcing sports but really any content, news, talk shows, movies etc. Just more noticeable with sports due to its nature of play. I first thought this happened strictly on my cable viewing (cox cable) but it is now noticeable when using streaming apps such as NFL Sunday Ticket. This happens intermittingly and has shown no " pattern" per se. I say all this as I don't believe there is a way to change your refresh rate for your cable box or streaming apps. Maybe with your computer, you can but other sources such as cable box or apps, there is no way. Enabling/customizing/turning off Motion Plus settings has zero impact on this issue as it is still there.

I have spoken to Samsung Technical Support and they have no fix and have only offered to send someone out to "service" the TV. I have read other owners saying tech support came out to look and determined no hardware issues were found. Sounds like firmware to me but who knows. 

I am close to my return policy and if Samsung doesn't address this I will, unfortunately, have to return the TV.  Love the TV but this issue makes viewing close to unbearable for a $3k Premium TV. 

* Based in U.S using 1080P Cable Box, PS5 and Built-In Streaming Apps. Running most up to date 1403 Firmware. All HDMI Cables are Ultra High Speed and meet the required spec for HDMI 2.1 and all other necessary specs for device connectivity on the TV,

Open to anyone's thoughts and hoping for a fix before the return policy window comes. 

0 Likes
Samsung_MM8P2CY
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung keeps telling me the TV is fine and has no issues.  I believe this is due to the orignal tech reporting there were no issues per the service menu.  He mentioned something about if there were problems then the service mode info would indicated them. 

CPU has now been replaced.  No change.  Since the CPU change, I now get a message at power on to enter service mode and set some values.  Tech saw the message when he installed the new CPU but did not resolve it.  Samsung keeps cancelling my service calls I suspect due to the orignal tv is fine report.  Waiting once again for call from service provider to set up appointment to correct the parameters.

FW1460 is avaialble on website but was not visible to TV update at the time.  Downloaded and installed via USB.

1460 DID NOT FIX the judder issues.  May have changed it a bit but definitely not fixed.

Samsung continues to say there is no issue and no accommadation can be made because the original tech said there was no problem even though he saw the judder issue.  Samsung blames it on bad content issue.  So many programs have judder it cannot be content.  It's both old and new programs.  Even some shows that have just been produced have judder/jitter.   

0 Likes