cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

**Samsung 2020 T Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

There seems to be a bug on the 2020 T Series TVs like the Q90T, Q80T etc..

It is a strange stutter/judder where it looks like frames drop all of a sudden then it speeds up then will stutter again. It’s most noticable when camera isn’t moving too much such as when interviewing a player or watching a game show.

All processing is off. I have tried turning judder reductions etc on at various levels but nothing helps.
It seems like there is a motion processing bug/glitch that could be fixed with a firmware update.

Is anyone else suffering from this? Not sure is it is a deinterlacing or hz processing bug.
We originally thought it was on 50hz content, but someone from US says they are having this issue too, so it would also be 60hz content too as you guys use 60hz.

It is well known over at the UK forums as seen here: Q90T stutter -50p/hz

Or EU Samsung Forums: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/q90t-stutter-frame-rate-slowdown-50hz-content/td-p/2006495

Or the US forums: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/samsung-2020-t-series-tv-motion-judder-stutter-frame-rate-firmware-...

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: **Samsung 2020 T Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

Yes this is the issue I have as well and have posted on Samsung forums as well as avforums. 

there seems to be lots of people affected and it needs to be fixed as a flagship tv with this issue is not very enjoyable at all. 

is there anyone on here from Samsung that is able to pass up the chain to get a fix put in place ASAP please. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: **Samsung 2020 T Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

Also having the same issue with our 2020 Q90t. Extremely frustrating. Brother has the 2019 90r with no issues at all.

Samsung - please can you confirm when the fix will be for this? 

Highlighted
Constellation

This is super annoying, especially for the price of these TVs. I'm unfortunately past my return period so I'm stuck with this garbage until Samsung decides to do something about it.

I've found some settings that help but you lose picture quality for sure. 
Turn game mode on in picture settings and set to custom. Move both sliders to 0 for the blur and judder. I also have LED clear motion off as well. You also have to go General settings under external device manager and turn game mode on there as well. I also have the sliders for blur and judder at 0, along with all the other options turned off.

I have the Q70T and this seems to help a bit. Again, it doesn't solve this dreadful issue but minimizes the stutter. I feel like I lose picture quality as I mentioned though. Hope this helps 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I have the 2020 q80t 75inch, which I purchased in July. I have also tried every possible setting to no avail. Samsung really must do something about this issue. It's such an annoying issue, it's impossible to watch this tv without being incredibly frustrated.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue on my brand new 65" Q80T. Its most prevalent while watching football on directv. I seem to have found triggers for it too. Whenever a graphic displays full screen and it then goes back to live action on the field, it looks like it drops to 15 fps for several seconds. I can rewind to before the graphic and when I play it back, the issue repeats. But if I rewind to just after the graphic, it plays completely smoothly. Very strange and VERY frustrating, since half the reason I got this expensive tv was for watching football.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue is occuring with my brand new 55" Q90T.  Streaming on YouTube seems to be fine but not when watching standard or 1080p over the air TV.  I have All of the smoothing processors turned off and I'm still getting this problem.  I have never had this issue with Samsung TV's in the past so I hope the tech experts at Samsung are already aware of this because from what I have read so far, it's a problem that seems to be happening across the board with all 2020 Samsung Qled TV's.  Hopefully, a firmware update is already in the works to correct this very soon because it is Extremely annoying!!