Original topic:

Samsung 4K 2020 TV’s Not Fully Capable of Handling PS5

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 3:31 PM)
BadYoda
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just read an article on Sammobile.com.

HTTPS://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-4K-smart-tv-cannot-keep-up-with-PlayStation-5/amp/ 

Basically they can't do HDR and 120 Hz at the same time. Very frustrating since I just purchased a 55" Q80T and was lucky enough to score a PS5. Anyone in the community or anyone from Samsung know if this problem will be addressed in a firmware update?

0 Likes
4 Replies
userXoEWPpByAi
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I would like to hear about this as well as I own a 65 Inch Q80T which was purchased just for these (2) Next Gen systems due to the HDMI 2.1 performace of 4K@120hz.

@BadYoda wrote:

Just read an article on Sammobile.com.

HTTPS://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-4K-smart-tv-cannot-keep-up-with-PlayStation-5/amp/ 

Basically they can't do HDR and 120 Hz at the same time. Very frustrating since I just purchased a 55" Q80T and was lucky enough to score a PS5. Anyone in the community or anyone from Samsung know if this problem will be addressed in a firmware update?

0 Likes
Samsung_W4YYD9S
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Not sure where they got their information from but the issue is with Sony. The PS5 has its HDMI 2.1 capped at 32GB/s compared to the Xbox at 40GB/s. The PS5 can't output 4K 120 HDR due to bandwidth, nothing Samsung related.

0 Likes
BadYoda
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thanks! So do you think this is something that Sony can with fix with an update?

0 Likes
userW3DCX7yS2e
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

... But 4k 120fps HDR works on LGs OLEDS with the PS5.

0 Likes