JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 4K HDTV HDR not working with Xbox One X

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 09:19 PM)
usernsZskHKxgy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased my Samsung 4K HDTV, Model #: UN65JU6700FXZA, Version: TD01 about 3 years ago. I recently got a Xbox One X so that I could play true 4k games with HDR. However the HDR won't enable on my Xbox one X. I have been through all the troubleshooting I can find and forums and done what they all said helped them but it hasn't helped me. I went to the picutre settings and set port HDMI 1 to UHD Color (which samsung states is HDR). And I have checked to make sure my Xbox one is plugged in to that port. My HDMI cord is top of the line 2.0 18gps 4K gold plated all that good stuff. I have reset my TV and hard reset my Xbox one X. And I have tried muliple games which are confirmed HDR compatible and still the HDR mode is greyed out and unclickable on my Xbox one x. I am at a lost. Could a Samsung professional please help me I will be forever grateful, thanks!

47 Replies
userNmiPK4lA2G
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did anybody find a solution for this problem?

I had 4K HDR working perfectly fine for the last one month since i bought my 82" UHD Series 8 TV but all of a sudden today I cannot get 4K UHD to work on COD- Modern Warfare.

It was working fine with no issues but now everytime i set 4K on the xbox settings the screen goes blank and takes me to the samsung Source menu saying to plug in my xbox.

I tried everything you guys mentioned in this thread even resetting my xbox and my tv but no luck.

I dont understand how it was working in 4K but now the max it runs in is 1440p.

I am so annoyed!!!!!

0 Likes
usero077s1el68
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

100% not fixed for the two TVs I purchased. UN55NU6950F. 4k and HDR working perfectly fine for 27 days and then nothing but flickering black screens any time I use my Xbox. Chat went through redundant "troubleshooting" for hours, phone support did the exact same thing, even remote management twice did not help at all. It wasn't until a service technician came out and switched out the pcb board in both TVs that he turned and said "wow I don't know what's wrong or how to fix this". HE recommended calling Samsung and requesting their ECR department where they should either refund or upgrade these two big paperweights I purchase literally less than a month ago. Terrible support and ownership of a money-wasting problem. 

BTW, it is most likely an HDCP handshake issue that could be easily fixed in a quick patch, but most likely won't be. 

0 Likes
userNmiPK4lA2G
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
The only thing that worked for me was replacing my Xbox one x. The new one is so far working in 4K. However on the second day I had the same issue with blank screen and 4K stopped worked. I restarted my Xbox one x and now 4K is still working. Also what I changed was the location of my Xbox one x. It was getting very warm in the tv cabinet so I moved it out onto the top of the tv cabinet in a vertical position. So far ventilation is better and still working on 4K. I have the series 8 82” Samsung tv. Let’s see how long this lasts....
0 Likes
SirWise23
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having thethe same issue with my UN75MU8000.   I can't use my Xbox with the UHD color turned on. This means I'm not getting real hdr on my Xbox One X. Granted I can still play it with this shut off but this TV and Xbox One X with too expensive to settle for having it shut off because it doesn't work. I brought my Xbox One X next door to my neighbor's house and it works fine on his Sony TV. I have a Samsung television in every room of the house but it looks like my next TV may have to be in LG or Sony. This is ridiculous

0 Likes
user87ITo16J3f
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I feel you on this. I got this from www.rtings.com 

HDR GAMING SETTINGS

For HDR gaming apply the same HDMI settings mentioned in the HDR settings and game settings above. Note that when in game mode, the TV won't change the backlight setting and the local dimming setting automatically, so it is preferable to set the backlight to max and set the local dimming to high. When using the NU8000 for HDR PC Gaming, there is currently an issue with the 'Standard' picture mode where the screen became very dim and we were unable to change it. In this case, all of our settings apply for the 'Dynamic' picture mode instead. It is especially important to choose 'Warm 2' in the color temperature settings.

Do you have a reciever that you can test with hdr? 

0 Likes
user87ITo16J3f
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Also another suggestion try CEC off

@user87ITo16J3f wrote:

I feel you on this. I got this from www.rtings.com 

HDR GAMING SETTINGS

For HDR gaming apply the same HDMI settings mentioned in the HDR settings and game settings above. Note that when in game mode, the TV won't change the backlight setting and the local dimming setting automatically, so it is preferable to set the backlight to max and set the local dimming to high. When using the NU8000 for HDR PC Gaming, there is currently an issue with the 'Standard' picture mode where the screen became very dim and we were unable to change it. In this case, all of our settings apply for the 'Dynamic' picture mode instead. It is especially important to choose 'Warm 2' in the color temperature settings.

Do you have a reciever that you can test with hdr? 

0 Likes
useru8tyEBeNNi
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This worked for me when I had problems with my ru7020 series tv and xbox one S.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084864/

0 Likes
techman05
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Did you get it working I had to get a fiber cable and a new 4k switch to get 4k to run on my tv from my xbox. It was an extra expense to get 4k going even when I had no issues with my 1080p hdmi cable connection.

Hope all is well.
0 Likes