JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 4K HDTV HDR not working with Xbox One X

(Topic created: 07-09-2018 10:34 AM)
usernsZskHKxgy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased my Samsung 4K HDTV, Model #: UN65JU6700FXZA, Version: TD01 about 3 years ago. I recently got a Xbox One X so that I could play true 4k games with HDR. However the HDR won't enable on my Xbox one X. I have been through all the troubleshooting I can find and forums and done what they all said helped them but it hasn't helped me. I went to the picutre settings and set port HDMI 1 to UHD Color (which samsung states is HDR). And I have checked to make sure my Xbox one is plugged in to that port. My HDMI cord is top of the line 2.0 18gps 4K gold plated all that good stuff. I have reset my TV and hard reset my Xbox one X. And I have tried muliple games which are confirmed HDR compatible and still the HDR mode is greyed out and unclickable on my Xbox one x. I am at a lost. Could a Samsung professional please help me I will be forever grateful, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Recon19D3
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have it working fine.  However it didn't at first.

You have to change the TV to "Game Mode".  Then you can access the HDR options on the TV to turn it on.  Then the Xbox One X will recognize it.

View solution in context

47 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

On your Xbox One X, under the setting " 4K TV details" does everything have a green check mark except for "Your TV setup doesn't support 4K at 50Hz"?

0 Likes
usernsZskHKxgy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

No thats checked. The only thing that's not checked is the 10bit HDR row. Everything else has a check. I don't understand because everyone else just had to turn their UHD Color mode onto one of the ports and that worked for majority but its not in my case.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just as a quick test, is there any change if you also enable the 10bit HDR row and disable the  "Your TV setup doesn't support 4K at 50Hz" row?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userBHsiGXhHxe
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had same problem recently and went to HDPT port 3, and both UHD and HDR are working now. XBOX ONE X has a free app called insects which will tell you when it's showing HDR and UHD. Was super helpful !

0 Likes
userBHsiGXhHxe
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sorry Spelling...

I had same problem recently NU8000 65. I tried different HDMI ports. I went to HDMI port 3, and both UHD and HDR are working now. XBOX ONE X has a free app called insects which will tell you when it's showing HDR and UHD. Was super helpful !

0 Likes
userZYzVKNAcRP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, I have the same model Tv as you (Except in 49"). I unfortunately get a black screen from anywhere between 3 to 10+ seconds when 4K UHD and HDR are applied, it will happen about 10 minutes, give or take, once I start playing a game. I was just running the 'Insects' app you recommended, and it worked beautifully. But earlier today I had been experiencing the same black screen issue, so I decided to switch from HDMI 2, which I had been using, to HDMI 3 like you suggested. HDMI 2 seems to work much better for me so far. #3 was a mess for whatever reason. I reset everything, switched ports, and it was losing signal with the TV, cutting in and out, etc.

Everything checks out in my xbox display settings. Perhaps I am doing something wrong with the TV, specifically in the settings. Do you by chance have any ideas? Or suggestions for troubleshooting? I would be really greatful. I've spent so many hours trying to get it to work. This is the 3rd TV i've bought trying to make it work, and I just decided to keep it. I like the TV, and it seems to keep the picture the longest in that setting.

Again, thank you! I really appreciate it. I can't find too many other people with the same model TV and Xbox 1X, experiencing similar issues. Although, I guess this issue is pretty rampant for Xbox 4k/HDR users..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userZYzVKNAcRP Have you tried a different HDMI cable capable of 4K HDR?

userZYzVKNAcRP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes! In fact, I've tried 4 different 4K cables in total I believe. I am back to using the original HDMI cable that came with the Xbox 1X. I kept one cable aside from the orignal from the xbox. A Rockfish 4k cable, not sure on the exact specifics but I can definitely figure out if you'd like.

Also, thank you so much for the quick response. I really appreciate the help. This has been eating at me for a while! lol

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userZYzVKNAcRP Please provide the full model code and current software version of the unit. 

0 Likes