JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 4K HDTV HDR not working with Xbox One X

(Topic created: 09-05-2018 07:57 PM)
usernsZskHKxgy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased my Samsung 4K HDTV, Model #: UN65JU6700FXZA, Version: TD01 about 3 years ago. I recently got a Xbox One X so that I could play true 4k games with HDR. However the HDR won't enable on my Xbox one X. I have been through all the troubleshooting I can find and forums and done what they all said helped them but it hasn't helped me. I went to the picutre settings and set port HDMI 1 to UHD Color (which samsung states is HDR). And I have checked to make sure my Xbox one is plugged in to that port. My HDMI cord is top of the line 2.0 18gps 4K gold plated all that good stuff. I have reset my TV and hard reset my Xbox one X. And I have tried muliple games which are confirmed HDR compatible and still the HDR mode is greyed out and unclickable on my Xbox one x. I am at a lost. Could a Samsung professional please help me I will be forever grateful, thanks!

userZYzVKNAcRP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Tv is as follows:

model code: UN49NU8000

sofware version: T-KTM2AKUC-1131.9,BT-S

Gaming console:

Microsoft, Xbox One X

model: 1787

Up to date on all software updates. Checked this afternoon.

Xbox HDMI cord connected to HDMI 2 on the TV. 

Have tried plugging the TV and Xbox into seperate circuits in my home, didn't change anything. Both are now powered on the same outlet.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried running it with the UDH Color setting disabled on the television? 

userZYzVKNAcRP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes sir. I will try that again. I have not in a while

I tried all other HDMI ports and a different hdmi cable. The problem still persists. It seems to get worse the longer the xbox is running in 4k, ie the screen goes black more frequently for a longer duration each time.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried going to the Settings of the Xbox One and go to Display & Sound? There you should see the TV resolution set to 1080p. You would need to change it to 4K UHD.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Nfayad81
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

For the love of everything sacred and precious, will one of the Samsung support team please, PLEASE acknowledge that the black screen issue is well known by everyone here and does not have a fix!

I am begging you!

No one here managed to get this issue sorted out, whether our TV is 4 years old or one of the latest.

Gaming is just one frustrating experience on Samsung TVs!

No cable, no setting, no voodoo priest will fix the problem.

0 Likes
userZYzVKNAcRP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I actually just got about 45 minutes in without an issue in 4k (running an xbox one x on a 49" NU8000) playing pubg. The 2nd last mod, 'samsungheath' or something, suggested I turn off UHD color to the input I'm running my xbox on. It seemed to work, at least for about 45 minutes. But that also meant no HDR of course.

As soon as I was done i flipped the HDR back on and within a cpl minutes my screen started going out. Of course I'd love to get both working, that's the original reason I bought the TV. But, unfortunately at this point, I'm just happy to get nearly an hour of 4k gaming in without a hitch.

I definitely feel your pain tho. And everyone else that has this issue. There really doesnt seen to be an answer. I had tried turning the UHD setting off on the TV manually before and it didn't work. For whatever reason, it did this time, for a short time. I'll try it again to see how it runs tomorrow when I have more time and report back.
0 Likes
userZYzVKNAcRP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So I've officially been able to play in 4K UHD on my 1 X, for as long as I want, no black screen. I still can NOT play in HDR though... What worked was manually turning off the HDR for the input through the external device manager in settings. I am using HDMI port 2.

Im running my 1 X on a 2018 49" NU8000. Nothing else special. 

If anyone has a fix to run 4K with HDR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I've tried it all. In fact, i tried the workaround i mentioned above before and it didnt work a couple months ago. If anyone has any succes with anything please let me know! Hope this will help you guys at least be able to use 4K.

0 Likes
userEzhFHfOrRw
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I READ ON ANOTHER THREAD WHERE A GUY SAID TO GO INTO GENERAL SETTINGS NOT DISPLAY ON YOUR TV, THEN SELECT HDMI EXTERNALL CONNECTION AND MAKE THE FIX... A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SAID THIS WORKS...

userZYzVKNAcRP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Would you mind elaborating a little more, please? 

Do you have a link to that thread?

I would love to do some more digging and see what else you may  have to say. 

0 Likes
Solution
Recon19D3
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have it working fine.  However it didn't at first.

You have to change the TV to "Game Mode".  Then you can access the HDR options on the TV to turn it on.  Then the Xbox One X will recognize it.