JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 4K HDTV HDR not working with Xbox One X

(Topic created: 04-14-2019 08:57 AM)
usernsZskHKxgy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased my Samsung 4K HDTV, Model #: UN65JU6700FXZA, Version: TD01 about 3 years ago. I recently got a Xbox One X so that I could play true 4k games with HDR. However the HDR won't enable on my Xbox one X. I have been through all the troubleshooting I can find and forums and done what they all said helped them but it hasn't helped me. I went to the picutre settings and set port HDMI 1 to UHD Color (which samsung states is HDR). And I have checked to make sure my Xbox one is plugged in to that port. My HDMI cord is top of the line 2.0 18gps 4K gold plated all that good stuff. I have reset my TV and hard reset my Xbox one X. And I have tried muliple games which are confirmed HDR compatible and still the HDR mode is greyed out and unclickable on my Xbox one x. I am at a lost. Could a Samsung professional please help me I will be forever grateful, thanks!

userpBtx80gI5Y
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When I bought my 4K yesterday UN7200, my xbox said the tv only supported a few 4k options, gaming was not one of them and neither was HDR.  About had a stroke.  Then I found this menu on the TV that you turn UHD HDR COLOR "ON" on the actual HDMI ports.  I turned those one and Wahlah. The only thing it doesn't support now is Dolby Vision, everything else has a gree check by it and the 4K /enhanced games look out of this world.  So check that setting!   I could see a lot of people getting confused with this.  

Go to :  Settings- General- External Device Manager- HDMI UHD COLOR and make sure that you have them all selected in on position * or red dot lit up*

That was the only problem I had and fixed it after figuring out what it was.

0 Likes
useryCT7Dxm7v7
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't any HDMI 2.0 HDCPv2.2 cable capable of supporting 4kHDR?  

0 Likes
userbyiySi6HFD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just bought a 65" Q9F, all works great except HDMI inputs.

I have an Xbox One X that just will not produce a picture at all unless i set the resolution to 720P.

Any higher than that and i just get the message " no signal".

I also have a chrome cast, no the ultra version, same thing ther....i just get the message " no signal".

How ever, my sat/cbl box outputs 1080i, that works fine.

Seems like HDMI inputs won't accept any higher resolution than 1080i.

If i put my xbox to 1080P, no go!

Very frustrating.

How come it can be this bad for a high end tv like this?

And of course i have done all of the neccessary tests.

Switching inputs, checking firmware versions on the tv and the xbox, trying different HDMI cables and so on.

Nothing helps.

userRG8NfBAWDg
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey I'm the onkyo guy that posted.

What I suggest for you all is to start fresh. Disconnect all devices. Reset tv. I would reset xbx also. Reconnect xbx. Enter samsung menu. Set your calibration. Open xbx settings. Calibrate Xbx. See how that fairs. Maybe turning off anynet cec hdmi. Leave uhd color on to all hdmi inputs.

0 Likes
user6z4JuXE3pV
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, Same problem running a 2018 Q6F qled 4k set.

Red this thread over and over, tried all sudgested steps. Nothing works. Top cables (original don't work either) , tried all HDMI ports , toggled "game mode", and so on. 

As soon UHD color is turned on, black screen on Xbox one X. If no UHD turned on, no HDR. but 4k works. 

If 1080 settings is on Xbox one X is set (4k turned of) UHD (HDR) works.

So... Solution plz. HDR/HDCP hand shake issue sounds plaseble, update plz. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Exactly the same problem here.

I am using NU7100 65" and Xbox One S. 

Works fine with 4K when HDR or UHD (as samsung calls it) is turned off. as soon as I turn HDR on, the screen starts flickering and eventually looses signal.

I am hoping someone has a fix to this.

0 Likes
useridCpH3wI9y
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue here, I have a QN75Q7FAM and with HDR enabled I can play for about 45 minutes before it starts doing the random flash to a black screent hat shows the Samsung logo, then back to the game again.  I thought it may be the One Connect box and I've been debating buying another one to see if that fixes but it sounds like that won't correct anything based on some previous comments.

XB1X + HDMI Cable that came with XB1X.

Tried both ports 1 and 2 on the One Connect but they both do the same thing.

Tried game mode on, and off but did not fix.
Also tried some "fix" someone mentioned online about going into the XB1 settings and changing it to use 10Bit DPI or something but that didn't solve anything.

0 Likes
userRG8NfBAWDg
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
It seems by passing it through my av system I do not suffer this hdcp handjob. I will direct my Xbx1x to the TV and test like that. I already presume that I will lose my atmos ability. Let's see if my screen blacks out.
0 Likes
user6z4JuXE3pV
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

No Official answer on this yet???

Comon Samsung!!!

Hi, Same problem running a 2018 Q6F qled 4k set.

Red this thread over and over, tried all sudgested steps. Nothing works. Top cables (original don't work either) , tried all HDMI ports , toggled "game mode", and so on. 

As soon UHD color is turned on, black screen on Xbox one X. If no UHD turned on, no HDR. but 4k works. 

If 1080 settings is on Xbox one X is set (4k turned of) UHD (HDR) works.

So... Solution plz. HDR/HDCP hand shake issue sounds plaseble, update plz.

0 Likes
user0ODz44hXsf
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I want a 4k tv! 😫😫

0 Likes