JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 55'' TV cannot install youtube

(Topic created on: 9/14/20 1:43 AM)
userUezDIkzY8t
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I cannot install youtube for Samsung 55'' TV because of region.

I bought it from China. It seems that this Samsung TV is dedicated to sell in China. 

Therefore It might have  youtube block as I guess. 

I am using this Samsung TV in Mongolia now. 

How to handle this situation?

Thank you,

Best regards, 

G

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, try the following:

Press the Smart Hub button on the remote control
When Smart Hub has loaded then press », 2, 8, 9, « (fast forward, 2, 8, 9, rewind). Please note that the new F-series Samsung TVs have a different way of changing the app store. Please take a look at our other tutorial here. If you have an H-series check this tutorial.
Under Internet service location select the country you wish to use. Selecting either the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, UK, Finland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark will give you access to the most popular apps. You can only have apps from one region installed at any given time. In other words, you can’t have American and British apps installed at the same time.
Once you have selected the country you wish to use press Next
Agree to Terms
Update of Smart Hub will start
Default apps for the region will be installed and old apps deleted
Once Smart Hub has rebooted you can install apps from the new region as you please

If that doesn't work I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your device was manufactured/purchased for assistance with additional troubleshooting steps: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, try the following:

Press the Smart Hub button on the remote control
When Smart Hub has loaded then press », 2, 8, 9, « (fast forward, 2, 8, 9, rewind). Please note that the new F-series Samsung TVs have a different way of changing the app store. Please take a look at our other tutorial here. If you have an H-series check this tutorial.
Under Internet service location select the country you wish to use. Selecting either the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, UK, Finland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark will give you access to the most popular apps. You can only have apps from one region installed at any given time. In other words, you can’t have American and British apps installed at the same time.
Once you have selected the country you wish to use press Next
Agree to Terms
Update of Smart Hub will start
Default apps for the region will be installed and old apps deleted
Once Smart Hub has rebooted you can install apps from the new region as you please

If that doesn't work I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your device was manufactured/purchased for assistance with additional troubleshooting steps: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes