JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 55" 7 Series RU7100 "The Server Is Under Maintenance. Please Try Again Later. (500)" Help

(Topic created on: 7/19/20 11:14 PM)
Bread671
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi,

I bought my Samsung RU7100 55" less than 4 weeks ago, but I am having trouble connecting to the search option in the app store. At first, I just had problems agreeing/connecting to the privacy policy thing on the TV. This was solved with resetting the TV to factory setting and reconnecting again with the SmartThing app. I was able download Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify. It all works too, but app store does not let me search other apps like Youtube. 

Every time I tried to search something it just tells me "The server is under maintenance. Please try again later. (500)"

These are the solutions I have tried so far:
- Resetting the router. (Plugged out for 30 seconds or so)

- Plugging out the power outlet for 10 seconds.

- Reset the TV to factory setting twice

- Connecting the SmartThings app to the TV. 

- I also read in the Samsung community forum that it can be a region problem? I live in Guam, so I don't know if that affects anything.

Please help. 

Server maintenance (500)Server maintenance (500)Server maintenance (500) pt. 2Server maintenance (500) pt. 2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bread671
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi Caleb,

No, I did not purchase the TV in the US. It was purchase here in Guam. 

I did just end a 40 minute call with a Samsung expert over the phone (1-800-726-7864). All the expert had to do was to change my area code via remote management which took about 5 minutes to fix. The search function in the app store works now. 

Thanks for the reply though. 

PS - To any Guam residents reading this thread or having the same 500 server error problem, just call a Samsung expert and have him or her change the area code. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Was this TV purchased in the US and taken to Guam? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
Bread671
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi Caleb,

No, I did not purchase the TV in the US. It was purchase here in Guam. 

I did just end a 40 minute call with a Samsung expert over the phone (1-800-726-7864). All the expert had to do was to change my area code via remote management which took about 5 minutes to fix. The search function in the app store works now. 

Thanks for the reply though. 

PS - To any Guam residents reading this thread or having the same 500 server error problem, just call a Samsung expert and have him or her change the area code. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Bread671
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for the reply. No, I did not purchase the TV in the US. I purchased it here in Guam.

Thankfully, a solution was found just a couple of minutes ago. I just ended a 40 minute call with a Samsung expert. All he had to do was change the area code for my TV which took about 5 minutes. Everything works fine now (app store search function).

PS - To any Guam resident reading this and having the same "server under maintenance (500)." problem, just call a Samsung expert and ask them to change your area code. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

That's great to hear! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes