cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung 55" 7 Series RU7100 "The Server Is Under Maintenance. Please Try Again Later. (500)" Help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I bought my Samsung RU7100 55" less than 4 weeks ago, but I am having trouble connecting to the search option in the app store. At first, I just had problems agreeing/connecting to the privacy policy thing on the TV. This was solved with resetting the TV to factory setting and reconnecting again with the SmartThing app. I was able download Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify. It all works too, but app store does not let me search other apps like Youtube. 

Every time I tried to search something it just tells me "The server is under maintenance. Please try again later. (500)"

These are the solutions I have tried so far:
- Resetting the router. (Plugged out for 30 seconds or so)

- Plugging out the power outlet for 10 seconds.

- Reset the TV to factory setting twice

- Connecting the SmartThings app to the TV. 

- I also read in the Samsung community forum that it can be a region problem? I live in Guam, so I don't know if that affects anything.

Please help. 

Server maintenance (500)Server maintenance (500)Server maintenance (500) pt. 2Server maintenance (500) pt. 2

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung 55" 7 Series RU7100 "The Server Is Under Maintenance. Please Try Again Later.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Caleb,

No, I did not purchase the TV in the US. It was purchase here in Guam. 

I did just end a 40 minute call with a Samsung expert over the phone (1-800-726-7864). All the expert had to do was to change my area code via remote management which took about 5 minutes to fix. The search function in the app store works now. 

Thanks for the reply though. 

PS - To any Guam residents reading this thread or having the same 500 server error problem, just call a Samsung expert and have him or her change the area code. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung 55" 7 Series RU7100 "The Server Is Under Maintenance. Please Try Again Later. (500)" ...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was this TV purchased in the US and taken to Guam? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung 55" 7 Series RU7100 "The Server Is Under Maintenance. Please Try Again Later.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Caleb,

No, I did not purchase the TV in the US. It was purchase here in Guam. 

I did just end a 40 minute call with a Samsung expert over the phone (1-800-726-7864). All the expert had to do was to change my area code via remote management which took about 5 minutes to fix. The search function in the app store works now. 

Thanks for the reply though. 

PS - To any Guam residents reading this thread or having the same 500 server error problem, just call a Samsung expert and have him or her change the area code. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for the reply. No, I did not purchase the TV in the US. I purchased it here in Guam.

Thankfully, a solution was found just a couple of minutes ago. I just ended a 40 minute call with a Samsung expert. All he had to do was change the area code for my TV which took about 5 minutes. Everything works fine now (app store search function).

PS - To any Guam resident reading this and having the same "server under maintenance (500)." problem, just call a Samsung expert and ask them to change your area code. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's great to hear! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.