cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung 6 series 55 hdmi not working

Hi ive had my tv for a few months now i went with SS because i have their phones and a surround sound set up by you guys that seem to work fine. but the last few days ive had to factory reset my tv 6 times. ill get up do something and leave my xbox idle for a few minutes. and when i come back my xbox is still displaying but dimmed. i come back, the display lights lights back up and as soon do anything the HDMIs stop working. i have to factory reset the tv everytime before it recognizes it. it just says looking for sources. ive tried new hdmi cables, turning the xbox on and off, unplugging the tv for a few minutes. the only thing that works is a factory reset and going through the set up process

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung 6 series 55 hdmi not working

Try checking to see if this occurs with other devices. You can also see if this occurs with any other tv or monitor with the Xbox. If it does occur you can try this:

1. Disconnect all HDMI sources from the inputs.
  2. Unplug the power from TV/LCD for 10 minutes.
  3. Plug the TV/LCD back in.
  4. Connect the HDMI cable one device at a time.
  5. Turn on the device (ex. XBox).
  6. Repeat steps 4-5 for each HDMI port.
  7. Factory Reset Unit then repeat step 6

If all else fails, I recommend getting a service technician to have a look into this. You can send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.