Original topic:

Samsung 80t Buzzing Noise During Game Mode

(Topic created on: 12/4/20 7:20 AM)
userxPeWckbCNw
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My TV makes an extremly annoying buzzing noise coming from the back of the tv (nothing to do with sound, it sounds electrical). This seems to happen when in Game Mode (although not exclusively, I also heard this in Movie Mode), but since I use this as a Gaming TV,  Game Mode is my top priority here.

I spent alot of time trying to diagnoise what was causing the issue and my hunch is that it may have something to do with the Dynamic Black Equalizer.

My reasoning here is that I noticed the buzzing isnt always happening...but happens alot when there are a large amount of blacks being displayed on the screen. I use an Xbox Series X and when you popup the controller settings, it puts a faded black modal on the whole screen, and then has a large gray box with options. The moment I do this I can immediately start to hear the buzzing quite loudly. Turn the popup off and buzzing stops. If I scroll through items in the Xbox dashboard, some items there is no buzzing...however once I get to an item that has many black items, the buzzing starts. I was playing Call of Duty...most of the times its fine....but go to change your weapon loadout which has a lot of deep blacks (all of a sudden the buzzing starts again).

I tried setting the Dynamic Black Equalizer from the default 2 down to 0...and it actually did help the buzzing somewhat, however it is still there (since I assume Game Mode must always be running some version of this algorithm). Also I quite like using the Dynamic Black Equalizer since its great for playing competitive games like Call of Duty so I also dont want to just turn it off, I would like for Samsung to fix this problem.

My hope with this post is to provide some information for Samsung to hopefully fix this ASAP with a firmware update.

21 Replies
userX5Ak28oUn3
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is terribly frustrating!! Don't understand how they cannot acknowledge a known issue.

0 Likes
userLvo2RN2hZF
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Every call I had with them I asked them to address the core issue of addressing the problem and they refused.

0 Likes