Original topic:

Samsung Apps Store, SmartHub Reset fails, Factory Reset fails, Cannot Complete TV "Setup"

(Topic created on: 2/8/21 4:34 PM)
userIuX9KaUF2G
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a UN65MU630D model. I just spent about an hr on the phone with a Samsung technician to no avail...

It all started with the YouTube app not working - wouldn't load. After I removed it, when I tried to re-install by going to the "Apps" menu, the "Apps" menu itself would not load (the Samsung Apps Store). Neither does the "Search" menu. 

We tried the following over the phone:

1. holding down power button

2. reset SmartHub

3. unplugging TV and waiting 30 seconds

4. resetting my network router

5. manually connecting to a different Samsung DNS server

6. factory reset (which doesn't seems to work...)

Now it is actually worse off than before, rather just YouTube not working, now all the apps are gone and I can't  complete the TV "setup" step. For some reason, it gets stuck during the Accept T&S step....

I was told by the phone rep that there is nothing more he can do and next step is to send someone in-person onsite which I'm reluctant given COVID.  Oh the kicker, my TV is out of warranty so they would charge for the visit. (Mute phone, scream)

Sigh... this is my 3rd Samsung TV and I have been very happy with their TV's until today.  

0 Likes
7 Replies
userIuX9KaUF2G
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Quick update, managed to get pass the TV "Setup" step so now I have most of the apps back EXCEPT the YouTube app is still missing. Trouble is, the Samsung App Store won't load still so I'm back to square one.... is anyone out there having this problem??? When I click on "Apps" which supposed to launch the Samsung Appstore, it briefly displays "Apps Loading", then it goes to a blank screen indefinitely. 

The TV is connected to the network for sure as I am able stream contents with the other apps such as TV Plus, PBS, etc.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It sounds like you've put in the appropriate troubleshooting for this.

Are you located in the US? Please go to Settings>Support and provide the current software version.

Are there any VPN or adblocking services running on your network? 

Have you tried using a Google DNS? 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

0 Likes
userIuX9KaUF2G
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes I’m in the States.

Software version: 1290.3

We did try the Google open DNS 8.8.8.8 over the phone. 

No VPN or Proxy. Have not changed ISP and network settings have been the same since initial setup. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you tried to reach out to the manufacture? Just to make sure any setting can be changed on their end. They may send out automatic updates and the setting can be changed without the customer doing anything. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userIuX9KaUF2G
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

yeah I contacted customer support

0 Likes
userIuX9KaUF2G
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Worse case scenario, I would have expected a full factory reset would solve this problem but factory reset doesn't seem to actually do a full reset. 

I feel like that would solve the problem except I don't think this is working. (Since it did not erase all the settings like WiFi Network, connected HMDI devices etc)

Is it a common / known issue where "Factory Reset" doesn't work on Samsung Smart TVs? 

I also tried to re-install the app via USB device and that doesn't seem to work either. I have tried two different USB sticks, and after I plugged it into the TV, when I select it, it just spins indefinitely and would not display the USB contents.... (Yes, I tried the unplug TV for 30s method and yes I formatted the USB both FAT32 and NTFS)

This whole experience is completely destroying my trust for the Samsung brand....

0 Likes
userX2f97heXgW
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a UN55MU630D (same firmware) with almost the exact same issues.

Tried all the same things: powering off, "factory resetting", unplugging, etc.  Built-in apps seem to work, so the device is online.

If there was a "true" factory reset that could be done, maybe that'll clear up the memory, but I haven't been able to find a button combination or a menu item to actually do it.  The "factory resets" in the Support menu don't seem to do anything other than bring it back to the initial setup.

0 Likes