Original topic:

Samsung Crystal UHD (2020) screen flickering

(Topic created: 10-14-2020 08:37 AM)
userBAHESV4MNn
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing screen flickering randomly on this TV series. I currently have the 65" version and I have been having flickering from time to time. Its not constant but I have been getting them randomly.

I have tried updating the software, disabling auto brightness (motion and ambient) and reconnecting the power cord. Its been days since the last flicker, I am going to update the software to the latest firmware to see if it helps.

17 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does it happen on all sources? If possible can you send pictures of your symptoms? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
thatshim
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just picked up a 75" Samsung Crystal UHD on September 22,  2020 (21 days) and my TV has an intermittent flicker.  Buddy's told me dont go with Samsung should of listened.  Bestbuy return policy is 15 days. I did get the 5 year warranty because Samsung and others sell junk now days. I'd like to know how is Samsung going to make it right so they dont lose ANOTHER customer forever.  

P.S. on a side note my Samsung S10 is the worst Samsung phone I've ever owned, and Samsung phones and me go back to the Galaxy S3. 

0 Likes
thatshim
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

oh and it happens on all sources frame Streaming to Samsung TV and ps4

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Take a look a the link below, it might be able to help you with this.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/

If the above troubleshooting link above did not resolve your issue, service is required. 

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

-If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userUJLAMJDoo5
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Ijust bought this from Costco 5 days ago. Intermittant flickering, random, when I turn tv off then on again it goes away. Glad I saved the box. LEt me know if you found another solution. CAd

uservWf55d43Gk
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes exactly the same with me.

Just bought SAMSUNG UE55TU7100KXXU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV not even had it for a week and it flickers on all apps and on hdmi for PlayStation.

I might have to send it back and buy Sony instead which is rubbish as I love using my phone as a remote control.

I'm disappointed in Samsung 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes
Rusty920
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have the same issue. I bought mine April of 2020.
So the factory warranty has run out. I've unplugged it to reboot but comes back at about 4 or 5 days later
0 Likes