Original topic:

Samsung KS8000 power cycling

(Topic created: 01-11-2020 09:51 AM)
usernKB7xmfm5J
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65 inch KS8000 will not power on. 

Just does a constant power cycle where the backlight comes on then goes off again. Tried unplugging all cables and using different outlets. Is there a fix for this? 

156 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear that!

Try the following: 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

***If the troubleshooting above did not help please feel free to reach out using one of the following links, and please provide the full model and serial number of the TV. **** 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userSyfAOFSIHl
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have had my model# un46f6300 smart tv for a yrs now. It was the last one walmart had in store and was the display model so no warranty. (First red flag) and it only took a few months before i encountered my first experience with the blinking death of my tv. Not sure what the issue was and not having the money to take my brand new tv in to get repaired I unplugged it I'm not sure for how long. But at least a few days. And I tried to see if the problem persisted. And it didnt. I was ecstatic. Then, about a yr or so it happened again. But this time I noticed that the kids had been going to bed with a movie, and it didnt have a auto off feature. And because the home screen of the DVDs have that loop, the tv stayed on all night. And well, when they woke up they would keep it on listening to music or whatever through it. Tried in plugging it for a day or two and it the problem wasnt resolved. So not wanting to throw it away, and not having the time to find out the solution to fix it. So I unplugged it and put it in the garage and just left it for about 6 mo or so. Then I figured I'd give it another try. And would you guess, it was working just fine again........ and it continued to work just fine as long as I make sure it is connected to my ps4 that will shut off and have the tv to shut off after inactivity so it doesnt stay on all night. But recently i made the mistake of turning on the energy saving features because i using it more and didnt want the blinking issue again and pow. It happened again. So now i have it unplugged and all power saving features disabled. 

Yes it has been a headache, one that no one should have after spending $1000+ for a tv,but fortunately i have yet to pay any type of service repair bill, and it's the only issue I've had with the tv over the years. (I want to say 6 or 7yrs)

I know this is a long reply, but I noticed that there havent been any talk about a solution except take it to a service center. Hopefully this helps.

userWJ0hv8sbmX
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I HAVE HAD IT WITH SAMSUNG!!!!!!!!! Every tv in my house is a late model Samsung and Ive had problems with 4 of the 5.   2 I fixed myself and another was replaced under warrnty.  My latest is the power cycling issue with the KS8000 series. What a joke. ILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN!!!! I will do research to make sure they dont supply any parts in ANY ELECTRONIC device I buy. While writting this i just found out LG will be suplying APPLE  with the new IPHONE 12 screens. ANOTHER WIN FOR LG!!! Another one for them as well as I replaced my 8000 series with an LG today. AGAIN I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT

EVER.

0 Likes
user21iMzkkDi5
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This fix does not work.  All hdmi inputs disconnected, unit still cycles on and off, never even get to a full screen before it cycles again.  Model UN65ks8000fxza. Built November 2016. Help!

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If the troubleshooting and switching from a surge protector to an outlet didn't help, the television will need to be serviced.  If you would like to move forward with that process, feel free to send me a private message.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Great White North
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65KS8000 started doing this after 4 years of use - a bit upset as I spent a pretty penny on this TV.  Picked up a Q70T to replace it, but hoping that the KS8000 can be repaired by Samsung since this is a known issue.

We use lots of Samsung products (tvs, fridge, stove) and would say we are loyal customers. The power cycle issue and number of people who have reported it is a bit staggering though.

I've tried unplugging, taking out all cables, turning off WiFi, changing remote batteries, nothing seems to work.  Panel lights up for can second then the tv reboots infinite times.

Thank you for the consideration.

0 Likes
userMtchydBFYQ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi,

Last night my tv went into a power cycling loop. I had no idea what was going on until I checked here and saw all these issues. My 55" KS8000 is also just over two years old. We've tried removing all HDMI cables and the power cable, restarting with Samsung remote directly and nothing helps. It looks like most people have been told to replace a couple boards. Does anyone have a rough ballpark of what that typically costs? We're trying to decide if we should attempt to repair or watch tv in another room and buy another brand on Black Friday. 

Thank You,

Brian

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Here's a link that may help resolve your issue. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108742/

0 Likes
userU2BNXnUcus
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I bought my un55ks8000 on 11/27/2016.

Samsung did a one time fix on the screen just after my 2 year warranty expired in 2018.

Last night my TV began power cycling continuously.

Before I throw this $1000+ TV in the trash, I would like to know if you could do a one time fix on it, since this model seems to be notorious for power cycling.......