cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ks8000 wont turn on.. it power cycles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem.  Customer support was unhelpful.  They gave me the contact of a service contractor, but recomended to just buy a new tv as it won’t be worth the cost to repair.  I guess this is how Samsung does business.  Must have taken a page out of HP’s handbook...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFaE18gQpud  Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this TV(KS8000) for exactly two years and spent $1,300 now it is worthless. After speaking to Samsung they directed me to a local authorized tech and they told me it would be roughly $900 to repair. I should not be surprised since I recently purchsed a washer/dryer and stove(all Samsung) which each broke two times within the first 6 months. I was told if any of them would have broke a third time they would have replaced them. 

I will never purchase another Samsung appliance unless this is resolved. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't waste your money on this product. We purchased this tv at the end of 2016 for $2250. It was definitely more expensive than comparable brands however, we have two other Samsung televisions with which we are very pleased.

It only comes with a one year warranty. We were comfortable with that because, hey, it's Samsung! We were wrong.

In January of 2019, two years after we purchased it, the TV stopped working. It would turn off and on with no picture. After online research, we discovered there is a known design flaw with this model all over the world and Samsung refuses to acknowledge it. We called Samsung and they were kind enough to issue an exception to the expired warranty and fix the issue. The technician didn't even need to see the television to diagnose it. Over the phone, he stated he knows exactly what part to order and what needs to be done because again, this is a known issue.

The technician repaired the TV on February 1st, 2019, just in time for the Superbowl! Thank goodness!

Exactly one year later, February 1st, 2020, I KID YOU NOT, THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING AGAIN!

This same known issue is happening again! I called Samsung and they stated that there is only a three month warranty on the repair and any further service will be at our expense! That repair expense by the way, is thousands of dollars.

Long gone are the days of quality. When you pay over 2k for a television you expect it to last at least five years, not two! We are very disappointed in Samsung and after years of loyalty to all kinds of Samsung products, NEVER AGAIN!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT, luckily Apple is switching to LG for their displays in IPhone 12 so I will make sure not to ever help this company again. They lost my trust and refused to help when I called about my TV. The $2000 paperweight. 

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

KS8000 Power Cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As others have noted, I'm having the dreaded power cycling issue with my barely 3 year old 55KS8000. Phone representative was not overly helpful and this feels like something Samsung should fix, given it is a common issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8000 Power Cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

UN55KS8000 Power Cycling Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung UN55KS8000FXZA, which I bought new in April 2017.  When trying to power on, the Red light at the bottom of the screen blinks, every now and then audio will come thru and the LCD lights on the TV will come on then go immediately off.  I called Samsung support and they had me disconnect all cables from the TV, unplug from the wall outlet then plug back in (which I had already tried on my own).  Same issue, their next response was to call a local Samusng authorized repair man at my expense as the TV is out of warranty.  He troubleshot the TV and determined there was no issue with the Power Supply Board and recommended replacement of the Main Control Board.  $400 later for a main control board which has been replaced and I have the same issue.  I am extremely disappointed with this Samsung TV and Samsung Support.

I have seen numerous posts about the same issue with other KS8000 series TV's, has anyone found a solution to repair this issue?  Or is it now just a $1000 piece of junk?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55KS8000 Power Cycling Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: UN55KS8000 Power Cycling Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, the same thing just happened to me as of 1 hour ago. I'm desperately trying to find a solution because I cannot afford a new tv. You also answered my worst fear of paying for it to be fixed and still not work. Did the repair guy at least come back since they didn't fix the issue?  So it's not the motherboard either? The Samsung people tried to tell me it was because it wasn't getting enough power. They made try a different outlet and still nothing... 😞