cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Yet another UN65KS8000FXZA power cycling issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV is doing the same thing and I was quoted $920 dollars to replace the one connect?? Confused what is the solution ? I paid $1600 for this TV and just paid a Samsung tech $95 to come out and look at the TV ideally applying that $95 towards the visit would have been ideal . 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message? http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK  I would love to look into this further for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN65KS8000FXA TV is doing the same thing and it started the same way as the other posts reported. We called Samsung customer service and they were no help after hours on the phone with them. We were told there were no service centers in our area. We live in a major city so I found that hard to believe. Searching online I found a TV repair tech. He came to the house and replaced the module board. Still had the issue. Then came back and replaced the power board. Still had the issue. So he is totaly stumped and I am left with a TV that doesn't work. I thought Samsung made good products but from the other posts on this common issue I doubt I will but another Samsung TV. If anyone can help me or lead me to the solution please let me know. Thanks.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been told you have to replace BOTH at the same time.

If you have a bad board, it sends a faulty signal to the panel and kills the panel.  If you then replace the board WITHOUT replacing the panel, the bad panel will send a faulty signal to the board and kill the new one.  A technician may then think "well I just replaced the board, the panel must be bad too" without realizing that NOW the NEW board is dead.  Then, the dead board will send a faulty signal to the new panel, and kill it, repeating the cycle.

I was told by the second shop that worked on my TV that this is part of Samsung's training for this particular model, and that "everyone knows you have to replace the panel and the board at the same time on this particular model".

I hope that helps!

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung KS8000 power cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know a fix for the TV turning on and off?  This is the third Samsung I have bought that has the same issues.  I would think by this point Samsung would do something for their loyal customers. MODEL UN55KS8000FXZA

First I get a vertical gray bar, then all of a sudden now the TV just turns on and off.  I think its time for people to stop buying Samsung products because this is going on a 10 year run of power problems and products that Samsung does not stand behind.  But if you want to pay them you can have them send an authorized representative to your house so you can pay more to fix it then a new TV costs.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung KS8000 power cycling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Xbox One and my Harman Kardon receiver both turn off my TV when they go to sleep. is there a 3rd party device attached to it that supports control over HDMI? You could try disabling Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) on the TV found under Settings-General-External Device-Manager. I turned this off which stopped my receiver from turning the TV off, but my TV still turns off when my Xbox console turns off.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no HDMI cords plugged in.  I only have the Samsung OneConnect plugged into the TV and only a antenna plugged into the oneconnect box. The TV will only stay on for a maximum of 15 seconds now.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userStiqNxsuV4    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with model UN65KS800DFXZA. I sent you a PM.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two days ago our TV went out the same way everybody else´s. After reading hundreds of comments on several forums here at Samsung I guess customer loyalty has nothing to do with business here at Samsung. After 12 smartphones and 6 or 7 TVs this is the 1st time something like this has ever happened to us. We work all day, come home to take care of the kids and if we are lucky, we might get 1 hour of TV a day, so for a 2.5 year old TV this is totally unacceptable. We have an old Sharp that has been tossed from room to room for the past 10 years and it is still standing. Our Samsung was put on the wall the day we bought it and it has been used for Directv, Netflix and Disney+ ever since. How in the world Samsung can screw so many people without remorse?