Original topic:

Samsung KS8000 power cycling

(Topic created: 08-29-2020 05:49 PM)
usernKB7xmfm5J
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65 inch KS8000 will not power on. 

Just does a constant power cycle where the backlight comes on then goes off again. Tried unplugging all cables and using different outlets. Is there a fix for this? 

156 Replies
Crim91
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is a common issue that I've yet to see properly addressed by any Samsung support. I'm fairly certain I'll be wasting my time/effort by posting this here, but hey -- maybe I'll get lucky and acquire some helpful information. The TV was purchased back in mid-2017. The situation is as follows:

I was playing a game on the PS4, then the picture faded to a green, saturated color, then powered off.

When I turned it back on, it would repeatedly power-cycle.

I went through all necessary troubleshooting steps, but nothing solves the issue. I've also removed the back panel, inspected all cables, connectors, and removed the boards to inspect the components themselves. I also have a thermal imaging camera and inspected the board to look for any excessively-heated components during the constant power-cycling. I removed the heat-sink from the CPU, cleaned them both with isopropyl, and reapplied thermal paste before fastening the heat-sink back over it.

The only thing I've done that actually changed the behavior of the issue was removing the ribbon cables to the motherboard coming from the power board. This caused the TV to power on and stay on, but it was just a blank, illuminated screen, as the power board was powering the backlight, but there's no way to give the TV commands.

This is a common issue with the 8-series Samsung TVs. 

Mine failed before the 3-year mark, and was perfectly taken care of. I'd appreciate it if you took the time to actually read and acknowledge my troubleshooting methods prior to copy/pasting a link to a useless troubleshooting guide.

I'd really appreciate some professionalism here. I don't expect it to be serviced -- that's being childishly-hopeful. I do, however, expect someone to provide me with the information I need on this known issue in order to assist me in sourcing the correct replacement part so I can perform the repair myself.

Remember those days when we actually owned our electronics and they would come with service manuals?

0 Likes
userJ2IxV0ywZV
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have exact same issue as reported in 
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/KS8000-Won-t-Turn-On/td-p/367752 but somehow I cannot reply in that thread. I do not understand why the issue is marked resolved, as it is clearly still an issue for KS8000 TVs.

So my TV's screen turned off while we were watching. And then it kept going on and off without any images. When the screen is off, the standby light is on. And screen tries to light up and standby light goes off. So on and so forth,  it repeats. When it tries to light up,  there is sound, but no image. The only way to turn it completely off is to unplug the TV. I tried the methods mentioned in the above mentioned thread, like unplug the power cord, reset it , use different power cord etc. 

Had anyone succeeded in fixing this issue?

This TV is less than 4 years old, and considered a high end TV. It had been very good until now. By googling, someone mentioned replacing mother board, power board etc in other places to Samsung TV (not this model). But I wonder if it ever worked on this model before I spend time/money on it.

0 Likes
nasdamus
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same tv and same issue. Also unable to respond to any threads. My tv would blink red and after awhile turn on. 5 minutes, then 10, now nothing. Worked perfectly fine once did come on. Now nothing. Seems to be everywhere as an issue yet no fix.

0 Likes
userQYuqjKSacz
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a ks 55 8000 that keeps recycling on off. The backlight will come on for a few secons then off and repeat. I unplug the bottom board and then it comes on but on side is black i would like to replace all those board on the bottom the long skinny ones. I cant find those boards and i see a lot of people are having the same problem.

0 Likes
usersebCACqW3l
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi,

I have a UN65KS8000FXZA 65" TV I purchased from Costo in November 2016.  Still have the hard copy receipt.  The TV worked great up until now where it is stuck in permanmenet on/off loop.  Can not get the TV to turn on.  Tried unplugging everything but the actual TV cord and no luck.  I've heard this is a common problem with this KS8000 series per other discussion forums and per my local TV service repairman.  Very disappointed this TV didn't even make it to 4 years old having paid well over $1500 US$.   I have had been happy with Samsung products over the years.  I own 2 other Samsung televisons and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9.   Are there any options I have to have this television repaired?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2jru5RJeom
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is happening to us too!  So weird, we bought it in the same month and year but at Best Buy.  Of course, it is hanging on the wall and impossible to get down to reach the Serial No.  Were they able to give you a fix for it?  Debating whether or not to try and get it off the wall....

@usersebCACqW3l wrote:

Hi,

I have a UN65KS8000FXZA 65" TV I purchased from Costo in November 2016.  Still have the hard copy receipt.  The TV worked great up until now where it is stuck in permanmenet on/off loop.  Can not get the TV to turn on.  Tried unplugging everything but the actual TV cord and no luck.  I've heard this is a common problem with this KS8000 series per other discussion forums and per my local TV service repairman.  Very disappointed this TV didn't even make it to 4 years old having paid well over $1500 US$.   I have had been happy with Samsung products over the years.  I own 2 other Samsung televisons and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9.   Are there any options I have to have this television repaired?

0 Likes
usersebCACqW3l
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes,  they said they would repair, but have no exact details at the moment.   Sent them a copy of my receipt and pertinent info.

userEqLGGAEAvI
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello! I was having this problem also. Just wanted others to know what I did to fix it. I replaced the main board and power board g . It worked for an hour and then started the loop again. So I then replaced the power cord inside (black and white) BN39-02025G
LEAD CONNECTOR-POWER and it works now. No more cycling on and off. I was quoted 700 usd to have it fixed by Samsung a free hours of waiting to talk to someone. I fixed it myself for 90.00

0 Likes
usersGV5NlD53p
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@SamsungJam  My 65" KS8000 just started today.  Just under 4 years on this 3000$ tv.  Been a Samsung fan since the first LED in 2007.  I need help to get this fixed.   Support says its not a systematic issue

0 Likes