Original topic:

Samsung KS8000 power cycling

(Topic created: 09-26-2020 03:54 PM)
usernKB7xmfm5J
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65 inch KS8000 will not power on. 

Just does a constant power cycle where the backlight comes on then goes off again. Tried unplugging all cables and using different outlets. Is there a fix for this? 

156 Replies
userrnnY9lYqRZ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to me as well, tv is 2 1/2 years old. I had a similar issue with the a Samsung tv I purchased in 2008, 2 1/2 years later the panel went out. I don’t know if I will wver purchase a Samsung again.

LGC
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Mine just happened the same...I was watching netflix, when the screen turned green and then off. now keeps on turn & off loop...back light and Samsung goes on and off for ever. tried everthing , from turing off from hours to disconnecting everthing.... Do you guys have any solution to this?? 

user2RXOy2yzDa
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Watching stuff on an Apple TV, screen turned green then tv shut off and started power cycling. unplugging etc does nothing. appears to be completely broken like everyone else’s here. i bought it decemeber 2016.

had a sony xbr i bought out of a sketchy dude’s garage that never went bad on me in the 8+ years i owned it. pay $1k to upgrade to this samsung and it doesn’t even last 3.

this is clearly a pervasive issue that indicates manufacturing defects. but since samsung won’t acknowledge, we just have to hope a class action gets rolling at some point to get some money back. keep posting if this happened to your KS8000.

0 Likes
Crim91
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This is exactly how mine happened.

Was playing a game on the PS4, then the picture faded to a green, saturated color, then powered off.

When I turned it back on, it would repeatedly power cycle.

I went through all necessary troubleshooting steps, but nothing solves the issue. I've also removed the back panel, inspected all cables, connectors, and removed the boards to inspect the components themselves. I also have a thermal imaging camera and inspected the board to look for any excessively-heated components during the constant power-cycling. I removed the heat-sink from the CPU, cleaned them both with isopropyl, and reapplied thermal paste before fastening the heat-sink back over it.

The only thing I've done that actually changed the behavior of the issue was removing the ribbon cables to the motherboard coming from the power board. This caused the TV to power on and stay on, but it was just a blank, illuminated screen, as the power board was powering the backlight, but there's no way to give the TV commands.

This is a common issue with the 8-series Samsung TVs, and these service reps know that very well. They know Samsung released a crappy product with critical flaws that dramatically reduce the life of the TV, but they're not responsible enough (or have enough integrity) to stand by their product and make it right.

Mine failed before the 3-year mark, and was perfectly taken care of. I've decided never to buy another Samsung TV, and, in fact, haven't purchased anything Samsung in a while due to this experience.

I'm perfectly happy with the LG tv I chose to replace it -- even if it is a lesser model.

Samsung has lost a tremendous amount of respect over these issues they fail to acknowledge.

0 Likes
useravatar
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a 65KS8000 and have the exact same issue. I tried replacing the mother board and power board. I have tried all the solutions from all of the threads on this topic (turn off wifi, remove batteries on your remote, move to new power outlet and on and on) and nothing worked. 

As I read through the forums this seems to be a very common problem with Samsung TVs. 

0 Likes
usernjlWAt7qGz
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hit the power-cycle bug here too. Powers on for a second and then powers off... rinse and repeat. Called samsung and they scheduled an out of warranty service call. I spoke with the tech and he siad it's not worth repairing unless samsung will cover the panel replacement. So disappointing to "trust" a brand and be left with ~$1700 paper weight. I don't believe we'll be samsung customers much longer. Plenty of other great options out there!

userSsfRmKDWaD
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just had the same issue happpend to me.  Was watching youtube when the screen went back and now it power cycles when I turned it on.  Called samsung customer support and they gave the phone number of a local service center.  I'm dreading to hear how much it's going to cost to fix the TV. 

I'm very dissapointed in Samsung not fixing this pervasive problem themselves. It's very true there are plenty of othe great options out there.  I'm definitely going to take a hard look at them the when I buy my next TV.

0 Likes
userKXzxdupFz8
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Oh joy! 

My Samsung (UN55KS8000) just started doing the same exact thing.  It goes into a loop where it tries to turn on for a second and then goes out, then back on, then out.  Rinse and repeat. 

Unfortunately it sounds like Samsung is aware of this widespread and expensive-to-repair issue and has chosen to do nothing about it.  I suppose they would be happy to charge their suckers, i mean "customers", a load of money to fix it, but they don't sound like they are standing behind their product.

That is how manufacturers screw themselves out of future business.  

I won't make the same mistake a second time.

userxUY5lcYwIH
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue, un65ks8000fxza, version FA01. Have had no issues since I purchased the tv, then all of the sudden I was watching tv the other day and it just powered off and tried to power on with the Samsung light coming on then powers back off, etc.  Continues this loop until I unplug it, plug it back in and same issue.  I have always purchased more budget friendly TVs (that are still working great by the way) but 2-3 years ago I wanted to spend the extra $ for a good nice 4K tv as I knew more 4K content would become more available and I would be set for 5-10yrs.  that I finally spent some good money on what I thought was gonna be a good tv and instead got a .  Will NEVER purchase a Samsung product again since it appears they do not stand behind their products or do the right thing when mistakes are made like this.

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userxUY5lcYwIH Each case outcome is on a case by case basis. If you would like for me to look into your case, please provide the serial number via private message.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes