Original topic:

Samsung KS8000 power cycling

(Topic created: 09-26-2020 03:58 PM)
usernKB7xmfm5J
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65 inch KS8000 will not power on. 

Just does a constant power cycle where the backlight comes on then goes off again. Tried unplugging all cables and using different outlets. Is there a fix for this? 

156 Replies
userD8CtxUWJHJ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am getting the same issue, how this isn't a recalled issue with these TVs, or a full repair by Samsung is beyond me, and someone needs to escalate this.   I've contacted support and they would only go so far as to do a one time repair for parts (not labor), which it doesn't seem they think it's a panel issue (it is), so it will likely not be fixed the first time around, costing me more money.  I will not accept this.  What are my options for escelation without taking this to small claims court yet?

userw1SeLTDgpD
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I started getting the same issue last night. I t happened when I was watching youtube and all of a sudden the screen went dark and power recycling starting happening as many have described in this thread. I tried unplugging and plugging, but nothing has worked. This seems to be a common issue for UN65KS8000FXZA and interesting thing is many in this thread who bought this model tv in late 2016 are seeing this suddenly after 3 or so years of use around this time. For a tv priced above $1500, 3 year is a very short lifespan. The Tech Support seems to be closed now, but I am hoping Samsung will provide solution to this with no cost as some mentioned in this thread as it seems to be a very widespread issue.

userl4NWiEBsKc
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Well this is rather disheartening. 

Our 55" KS8000 started doing this power cycling the other night and I am fairly sure its out of warranty so I thought i'd do a little research on it and it lead me to find this thread. 

Nearly $2k and a 4 year lifespan is not very good. I have a Samsung 51" plasma thats nearly 10 years old and never gave a lick of trouble and its our main viewing TV, so I thought Samsung would be a safe bet when I bought the KS8000. Wow nope.. 

I've done all the online recommended troubleshooting of unplugging replugging, wiggleing, jiggling and even a rain dance or two and no difference.

TV powers on, screen flashes a couple times then powers of, over and over  untill you unplug it. from the wall.   

I am do dissapointed in the lifespan on this TV and If I have to replace it I may be researching and looking for an alternate brand with a longer life. 

Are there any options for Canadians on this issue? 

IowaJack
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 55KS8000 that I bought during super bowl week of 2017 is completely dead. There's not even a red signal light. Just woke up one morning with it off two weeks ago after zero power issues ever in the 3 years of owning.  Had some screen flickering issues a few months ago that somehow resolved itself but I ended up buying a Hisense H9G for $650 and it's got an 8.4 on rtings.com.  That's .2 higher than the KS8000, half the cost and supports Dolby Vision, HLG and HDR10+.

I will probably never buy a Samsung tv again. How does the power just go out? Are they expected to only last 3 years? My parents have had their same tv set for 15-20 years with no problems.

0 Likes
userPnWAS3nRQ3
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello. I bought my tv 3 years ago. It just turned off with a green screen. Now it does not work. I try to restart it, but even after doing the manip with the controller, my screen always try to start but without reaching the main menu. I always have a black screen even if my tv tries to start. I red that the matter is very frequent. 

Zero_83
Comet
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
its 3yrs old. it died. time for a new tv.
0 Likes
Crim91
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

How very helpful of you...

0 Likes
Zero_83
Comet
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
did you purchase it at Best Buy
0 Likes
gouji23
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

this just happens to my 65KS8000 that i purchased from late 2016.

Unbelievable...

userOwAtF3npvI
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just started happening to me tonight on my 3-year-old set. I barely use my TV but when I tried turning it on I got the dreaded power cycle issue. The standby light will be solid red, the SUHD quantum dot display logo will flash for a second and then the screen will turn off, the standby light eventually s turns off and on again, just to repeat the process until I unplug the tv.

How is there' not a recall on this, when so many of us have the exact same problem? My adult life I've bought 2 Samsung TVs, one Panasonic, one Westinghouse, and one Sony. The Westinghouse, Panasonic and Sony are going strong after 13, 10 and 4 years respectively.

Both the Samsung TVs however have had manufacturer level defects shortly after purchase. A Samsung Plasma which developed colored spots after only 2 years(with a 300+ page thread of people complaining about the exact same issue), and this one which suddenly won't turn on after only 3 years. The plasma set, Samsung refused to acknowledge any issues and I just ate the loss. What is Samsung going to do to fix this? I purchased this TV directly from Samsung.

0 Likes