cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: KS8000 power cycling issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This flaw is unacceptable.  Let's try to get everyone on the same page.  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/KS8000-Won-t-Turn-On/m-p/367752#M2599

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My KS8000 recently caught the power cycling bug as well. It seems Samsung is ignoring the posts as though no solution exists.  If the fix is to pay for a private service tech to replace the panel and boards and sync them, what parts will they use? Will back stock of the same defective components be used so the "fix" would just be temporary as the consumer waits for the same system to fail again?  I am only batting .500 with Samsung Tv's, so the only way I might try another is if I got credit for the doomed device I got stuck with so I could switch to a different series that isn't such an obvious lemon.

I have UN55KS8000FXZA AAO2 and tried replacement boards before learning of the likely panel/board timing required, so all original parts now reinstalled.  Let me know if anyone finds where the big hole in the ground is we will fill with all these  KS8000 defects.  Learned awhile back not buy Samsung disc players, now it's their TV's.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My KS8000 just went down to this as well. Disappointing. Thought spending a bit more on a TV would avoid issues like this within the first 3 years at least.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me, my UN55KS8000 went out in April only had it for 2.5 yrs. And then all of a sudden it started that power looping. Contacted a 3rd party repair center and was told to basically get a whole new television....I'm hoping Samsung is willing to assist as I've supported the company by purchasing their products.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same. My service tech just left. My UN65KS8000FXZA has a bad panel and is not worth fixing. Bought it 12/16.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me as well, tv is 2 1/2 years old. I had a similar issue with the a Samsung tv I purchased in 2008, 2 1/2 years later the panel went out. I don’t know if I will wver purchase a Samsung again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just happened the same...I was watching netflix, when the screen turned green and then off. now keeps on turn & off loop...back light and Samsung goes on and off for ever. tried everthing , from turing off from hours to disconnecting everthing.... Do you guys have any solution to this?? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watching stuff on an Apple TV, screen turned green then tv shut off and started power cycling. unplugging etc does nothing. appears to be completely broken like everyone else’s here. i bought it decemeber 2016.

had a sony xbr i bought out of a sketchy dude’s garage that never went bad on me in the 8+ years i owned it. pay $1k to upgrade to this samsung and it doesn’t even last 3.

this is clearly a pervasive issue that indicates manufacturing defects. but since samsung won’t acknowledge, we just have to hope a class action gets rolling at some point to get some money back. keep posting if this happened to your KS8000.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 65KS8000 and have the exact same issue. I tried replacing the mother board and power board. I have tried all the solutions from all of the threads on this topic (turn off wifi, remove batteries on your remote, move to new power outlet and on and on) and nothing worked. 

As I read through the forums this seems to be a very common problem with Samsung TVs. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hit the power-cycle bug here too. Powers on for a second and then powers off... rinse and repeat. Called samsung and they scheduled an out of warranty service call. I spoke with the tech and he siad it's not worth repairing unless samsung will cover the panel replacement. So disappointing to "trust" a brand and be left with ~$1700 paper weight. I don't believe we'll be samsung customers much longer. Plenty of other great options out there!