JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV stuck in bootloop (TV turns off and on repeatedly)

(Topic created: 03-06-2022 08:00 PM)
userzwHTf0DPUX
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a TV that it just out of nowhere and it is just about to turn 2 years.  Seems this is happening to any TV.  I don't think I should be have to buy a TV every 2 years or less . I called to see about warranty but they said it's only a year .. I need answers to this issue I can not afford a TV this expensive every 2 years 

2 months ago

Died less than 2 yrs after purchase. Unit was working fine just 12 hours before. No power issues, no storms after last use. Problem seems to be $100 main board which is out of stock everywhere. Unit seems to be in a boot loop. Never shows menu on screen to try changing settings to troubleshoot. LEDs light up for a couple seconds then go off. Power standby light flashes twice and the unit cannot be turned off without unplugging. I have had other brands for years without issue. Will replace with something other than Samsung. If this issue is not addressed soon 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV power cycling, have you tried the steps below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
    - If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
    - If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
    - If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
If it's out of warranty they're not going to pay to fix your TV. Sorry.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV power cycling, have you tried the steps below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
    - If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
    - If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
    - If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes