Original topic:

Samsung KS8000 power cycling

(Topic created: 01-10-2020 08:15 PM)
usernKB7xmfm5J
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65 inch KS8000 will not power on. 

Just does a constant power cycle where the backlight comes on then goes off again. Tried unplugging all cables and using different outlets. Is there a fix for this? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
156 Replies
jordanh
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have had the power cycle issue now for about 72 hours.  The TV cones on for maybe a second and shuts right back off, it will continue to do so and won't stop unless I unplug it again.  I have tried all the support steps through Samsung and now I have a repair setup.   Anyone have an idea on cost to fix it professionally by the Samsung authorized repair shops?  Anyone have a similiar issue.

My family makes fun of me for still sticking with Samsung for Applicances and TVs.  We have had multiple issues with their TVs and so has my family with TVs and applicances.  I still stick up for them because I like the picture quality, but it looks like I may have been burned again. $1500 for 3 years of light use.  Not my first issue of course (about $4000 in Samsung TVs the last 7 years) and maybe I'm the fool for going back to them, but this is getting ridiculous.  If the cost is too much, probably time to switch brands.  I've also heard there are many class action suits out there for similiar issues.

Any advice out there?

0 Likes
mustang281man
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Watching football tonight and my 65" KS8000 started power cycling as well. Purchased November 2016. Very disappointing. It sounds like Samsung definitely needs to take care of this issue. Has anyone had any luck getting support lately?

0 Likes
jordanh
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Try contacting the office of the president. They replaced for me!

0 Likes
userWyLtIl40gH
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 65 inch Samsung TV model UN65KS800DFXZA will not turn on permanently. It power cycles like most of the posted issues here on the KS8000 TVs. Tried the unplugging fix but the issue remains. Obviously you cannot change the settings or update the software, as the other fixes here have suggested, since the TV will not even turn on.

I have chosen Samsung TVs for the beauty of their design and picture clarity, but if the quality and reliability is this poor, then I will change brand! I hope you can help to change my opinion about this brand product. Finally, I'm hoping that customer service and technical help will not be as poor as the product they are marketing!!!

0 Likes
MA71
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My  65" KS8000 ( UN65KS8000FXZA)  started power cycling as well. Purchased December 2016.  Looks like its common issues on this model ( Latest  model in 2016 ) . I have lot of Samsung brands and never had such issues .  It sounds like Samsung definitely needs to take care of this issue. Has anyone has solution for this issue ? 

Lot of complaints on this model with the same issue and how this isn't a recalled issue with these TVs. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I would be happy to assist.  Please send me a private message so that I can get some additional info in order to assist further.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MA71
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

0 Likes