cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why didnt i think of that once before i had to take my remote apart and wash it bcos the button was sticking and when it driedi used a little lead pencil powder i forgot the name to make contact work thestuff forkey locks tomakethemGRAPHITE powder thatsit to make an electric contact work just a littlewith abrushthats ifyour buttonsare not working anymore properly.that iswat theproblem was a stickybutton that would always stay on eben tho its a remote that you would think it would not happen itdoes. Remotes get filthy and need cleaning from all the oilsfrom touching them allthe time take it apart they are disgustinginside after three yrs.

Highlighted
Astronaut

God no LG is hopeless in all Sony y'all

JUMP TO SOLUTION

God no LG is hopeless in all Sony y'all

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMod23 

BUYER BEWARE PLEASE READ!

Hi community,

I purchased my Samsung Smart tv at Costco model: #UN55F6350AFXZA. Purchased all available extended warranties which amounted to 5 years of coverage. Today marks the tv's 6th year anniversary it comes on for 30 seconds cuts right off. Costco technical support Tried their best to help was transferred to Samsung representative said that the issue cannot be helped and either you can afford to fix the television or ... sent me a text with a high price quote. I have lost all confidence in Samsung's brand, it appears that they are continuing to make a defective product. I will contact Costco about The low quality of their brand which Costco usually does not sell low quality brand products. Buyer beware do not purchase Samsung I will be purchasing another big screen TV and it will not be a Samsung there is too much high-quality competition out there but I have too much integrity to mention them in Samsung's own forum.

Thanks Community Please be very aware and careful of Samsung.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I have a 60 inch Samsung TV and it's continuing to shut off every 10 or so minutes and sometimes I can't get it to restart and play a movie or a show or a TV program. I've tried everything. Based on what I'm reading here, this is a known issue. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? My TV is seven years old so I'm worried that Samsung won't take responsibility for their mistake.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can only talk from personal experience after thoroughly investigating the problem of our Samsung TV turning on and off at regular intervals. After trying unsuccessfully with all the solutions mentioned here, it occured to me that this problem has only happened after recently messing around with the router.

I would check the 5Ghz wifi settings. For instance, Asus recently enabled DFS channels in the some countries for the RT-AC86U, which might be problematic for some devices. You can try this solution by logging into the router and then either disabling automatic DFS channel selection, or manually configure a fixed, non-DFS channel (like 36) and see if it helps. Reboot everything (routers and TV) afterwards to make sure all the settings take effect. This has worked perfectly for me and a few others I know who were experiencing the same problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Does Mine got it from som1 else for free had MUTE button on for a while and turns off and on agen looked up how to fix did not work so turned the MUTE Button off and sound DOWN instead then it Stopped turning off and On agen. They cant eben mak a decent guide for whats on the Box, nomatter what guide i use the quikguide or the massibe big one that uses up allthe screen orthe little one these LimpBiskitsils make me push more stupid buttons to change channelthan i should habtoo. 3 buttons need to be pressed tochange channel from the guide  i will throw this soon why the 5768 dontyou understand how to make a channel menu where i can change the channel and the menu does not dissapear tilliturn it off instead of making me turn it on all the time after i changed to a channel bcos it goes off then it takes.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am having the same issue with my 40 inch Samsung ue40es6560, TV turns off, clicks, red light double flashes 5 times, clicks then has a steady light, clicks and starts the whole process again, tv was bought in 2012

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHGK5obvVUW Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was the remote for me.

Took the batteries out. Let it rest for 2 minutes. It was clearly either software or something like that for me meaning it was pretty clear it was not a hardware issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Samsung they told me the problem was I had my tv plugged into a surge protector so it wouldn't function right so I plugged it directly into the wall and problem solved