Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you checked the power cable? Are you connected to a power strip, or direct to a wall outlet?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah oh im having the same issue right jow and ive only had thus TV for 2 weeks. I jave a uhd 55 inch curve tv. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message with your model and serial number?  I would be more than happy to look into this for you.  ^Jam http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same for me. Three Samsung TVs and the middle one (32")  hyas just started constantly turning off and on. They're all about 3 years old so out of warranty. Tried unplugging everything for hours and taking the remote out of the room and still the same problem. I have no doubt that the "fix" described above to turn off the "Power on with mobile" option will not work but irreleant anyway as the TV doesn't stay on anywhere near long anough to get to the setting ang change it. It constantly and immediately cycles between off and on and remains in each state for about 1 second. An otherwise perfect TV, several years old, rendered useless and fit only for the skip. Won't pay the premium for Samsung again.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, try the following Smiley Happy

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed.

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pls. may you help me too. I am having the same issues and it is very very frustrating. The tv keeps turning on and off by itself, has a flashing red light and a continuous clicking sound. 

Plssssss help!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userHt7wHwDIQW, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Link

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  My model is 

Samsung UN32EH5300

It often works fine from cold for about 30 mins then goes into the persistent off/on cycle.  I've tried unplgging for extended periods (both wall & set) & updating firmware. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. How long have you had your unit? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem. It just started today. I had my TV for 3 years. It is model: UN50J6200AFXZA. I also have a red dot in the lower left hand corner.