Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN65KS8500FXZA TV doing the same thing. I had a technician come out and tried to replace the mainboard and failed to fix the problem. The technician said the "LCD Panel" shorted out and it would cost $1,300.00 plus labor to fix the problem. This should not happen to a 2 year old TV, needless to say, I am very unhappy with this product. I have two other Samsung TV's and they work perfect. The TV is out of warranty and I can't see me buying another Samsung TV if you do not have an answer as to why this TV would fail like this after 2 years.

Regards,

Mike

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the Samsung technician diagnosed my tv last week. I have taken the tv to the local tv repair shop and told me he has found the problem and should have it ready for pickup by Friday. Do to the language barrier i am unsure what the problem was but I will be sure to find out and post.

Regards,

Mike

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us updated.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today I received a call from the local TV repairman and he tells me afterall that he can not fix the TV and the problem is in the control panel and to come pick-up my TV. I asked him my options at this time and he tells me to buy a new TV because it will cost too much to fix. I spent over $2,400 for this TV and I can't believe it has failed after two years of light use. Samsung, you have to do the right thing here. I am not a rich man to be dropping $2,400 every couple of years. Is the controll panel serviceable and are parts available to service the control panel? Samsung you have to make this right; I currently have spent ~$300 to have two technicians look at the TV. Make it right Samsung.

Regards,

Mike

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SperDaddy, can you provide us the service ticket number so we can look into this further for you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user9oHsNVBdCf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Stay Away from Samsung TV I had the same Issues
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much for alerting us about this. Can I ask if you have unplugged the unit unit for about 5 mins then plugged it directly into a wall socket?

useraAJXucvB8N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Experiencing the same issue after 18 months.  TV(Model UN55KS8000F) turns on and off continuously.  This by far the worst TV I've owned.  Breaks after 18 months!  I have 10 year old 42 inch Sharp that is still working.  Paying $1500 to use a TV for 18 months is ridiculous.  Is anybody from Samsung going to stand behind their products?   Aparently the word is spreading how bad their products are.  

jace1113
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have unplugged the TV, I also have restarted the network. 

Model Code: UN65JU7100

update: 1530

Can someone please help me with this matter, it is extremely annoying every time I turn the TV on it changes to another HUB or it shuts off. 

I have no idea what to do anymore, I’ve contacted the warranty technicians they came here and they already looked at the TV and there’s nothing else to do you can do because they are not real technicians. I feel bad saying this, but it’s true they didn’t know what to do or how to do it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide a transaction number for the repair?