Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user8Dp9lL6vXs
Astronaut

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems this is a common problem....I too have a UN65KS8500FXZA TV doing the same thing. It turns off and on in an  endless cycle. turned off for 12 hours, no change.  I had a geek squad a tech visit yesterday and stated this could cost $1500 to repair and he advised to just go get a new TV!! This is only 2 years old. I am livid with Samsung . 

userJUowULIh8y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same model and mine did the same thing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number for the television?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhSNQZVss9h
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue!  What is wrong with these TV’s!  Please help!  Out if warrantee and paying loads of money for a new tv is out of the question. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey userjUowUlIh8y,

I am curious as to what you plan on doing about your TV. I am assuming the TV is out of warranty and I am positive that the cost of repair is out of the question. I spent last evening checking circuits on the PCB (Main and power supply) and all circuits check out. The Samsung technician was correct in his diagnosis but I believe he was wrong on the cause. He told my wife the control panel was shorted out due to a power surge. I do not buy this for many reasons; first, because we have a whole house line conditioner and surge protection. Secondly, I had the TV and all of the accessories on another surge strip; thirdly, the power supply PCB would be the first to go due to an incoming surge and the PS PCB checked out fine.

I having a hard time swallowing this whole thing; I bought the TV as an investment and to have the TV repaired with a new control panel would cost more than the TV is worth. Samsung is making me feel that TV's are not an investment and they are disposable like a small appliance. I would like to know or see the data on the life expectincy of a Samsung TV in general and specifically the UN65KS8500 and alike.

CharlesRPhoto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I’m having the exact same issue with the exact same model TV. Mine just started doing it this week.
Charles Ravaglia II
user9oHsNVBdCf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is the worst ever TV to purchased because same issue happens to me last night and the Samsung company wouldn’t tell you the issue because they already know that all their TV doesn’t last more than 2 years...Smh it’s better to advise all your family and friends to never buy any Samsung product

user0VcNIEgwTU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ll tell you all now what worked for me . I disconnected the tv box turned on the tv and hold the button on the back of the tv until it stays on and the release the button and click on source on your remote . As soon as you get to change the source the the red light should stop flickering .if holding the bottom works for you , then you should be able to fix the problem. Good luck 

usernt0LVw5acF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes please