cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersJxlS4MQ49
Astronaut

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem turns on and off constantly , with no picture . I got the tv from Costco a little over a year ago.  Samsung 8 Series 800 UHD. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJdHJWMNzkf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJdHJWMNzkf I certainly apologize about that! What troubleshooting steps have you performed?

user0yew1TriH7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you solve it?  I’m having the same problem. 

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear user0yew1TriH7,

Did you ever get any resolve from Samsung on this problem with your TV? I have read several posts on this topic of the TV turning on and off by itself with no solutions or recommendations as to the cause or resolution only private messages.

Regards, 

Mike

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SpearDaddy    Your issue will need to be diagnosed by a service technician.  Since it is out of warranty, you can find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair using this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear SamsungLou,

Thank you for your reply; the issue was first diagnosed by a certified Samsung service technician that I paid $200 dollars for his visit (Please check my records and other posts) I then took it to a local repair shop and he told me the same thing that the control panel needs to be replaced and it would cost more than the TV is worth. I checked with Samsung Parts today for Part number BN95-02607A control panel for the UN65KS8500FXZA and the cost is a little over $1,600 with shipping just for the panel.

The sub-contracted technician gave me an estimate of $1,300 for the control panel plus labor. This is not acceptable and Samsung needs to do the right thing and offer an affordable solution.

By profession I am a mechanical engineer and I work in the electronics industry. As a matter of fact I have designed several parts for Samsung Korea in the late 90's to ~2008.

The TV was an investment not a disposable entity after 2 years. I am a little shocked by Samsungs' response of being out of warranty please call our service department. This is an unreasonable solution for customer retention.

Regards,

Mike

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We apologize. The television is too far out of the warranty to provide any accommodations.

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear SamsungLou,

Thank you again for your reply.

The TV is 2 years old; so you are having me believe the the end of life cycle for a $2,400 TV is 1 year, the length of the manufacturers warranty? I have been a life long supporter and customer of Samsung and this is not sitting with me very well with me especially since I am seeing several other people with the same problem. People should not have to buy an extended warranty at a cost of 13% of the value of the TV for a piece of mind. Like I stated before this TV was an investment not a disposable entity. Now I am concerned about my Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and other devices.

I do not have a problem paying for the TV to be repaired for a reasonable cost and $1,300 is not a reasonable cost to the customer. This TV was a "Premium" Samsung product and the life expectancy should be much greater than 1 year. This panel was manufactured by Samsung and was not subcontracted to another panel manufacturer like the lower end TV's. Samsung please stand behind your products and do the right thing. I know I am reaching on this question, do you know or can you find out the life expectancy of these panels? I know Samsung keeps meticulous records and data on failure rates and alike.

I know Samsung is a supporter of sustainability and the environment and by not offering a viable solution for repair Samsung is increasing its footprint on the environment through e-waste. For example if Samsung sold 43 million units of all their TV's in say 2016 and they have a failure rate of 5% after 2 years and each year after that for say 5 years. By not offering a viable and cost effective solution for repair after the first year starting in 2017 by 2022  close to 11 million TV's will have been discarded as e-waste to be processed we hope. But a large percentage will end up in the landfill.  

My point is we the consumer' buy premium products as an investment for years to come and look beyond a one year warranty because we are buying a companies top of the line product. We expect quality when purchasing a premium product and know that the company will stand behind their products and for the unfortunate few who do have product failures that the company offers viable and cost effective solutions. Samsung do the right thing!

Regards,

Mike