Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear SamsungLou,

Thank you again for your reply.

The TV is 2 years old; so you are having me believe the the end of life cycle for a $2,400 TV is 1 year, the length of the manufacturers warranty? I have been a life long supporter and customer of Samsung and this is not sitting with me very well with me especially since I am seeing several other people with the same problem. People should not have to buy an extended warranty at a cost of 13% of the value of the TV for a piece of mind. Like I stated before this TV was an investment not a disposable entity. Now I am concerned about my Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and other devices.

I do not have a problem paying for the TV to be repaired for a reasonable cost and $1,300 is not a reasonable cost to the customer. This TV was a "Premium" Samsung product and the life expectancy should be much greater than 1 year. This panel was manufactured by Samsung and was not subcontracted to another panel manufacturer like the lower end TV's. Samsung please stand behind your products and do the right thing. I know I am reaching on this question, do you know or can you find out the life expectancy of these panels? I know Samsung keeps meticulous records and data on failure rates and alike.

I know Samsung is a supporter of sustainability and the environment and by not offering a viable solution for repair Samsung is increasing its footprint on the environment through e-waste. For example if Samsung sold 43 million units of all their TV's in say 2016 and they have a failure rate of 5% after 2 years and each year after that for say 5 years. By not offering a viable and cost effective solution for repair after the first year starting in 2017 by 2022  close to 11 million TV's will have been discarded as e-waste to be processed we hope. But a large percentage will end up in the landfill.  

My point is we the consumer' buy premium products as an investment for years to come and look beyond a one year warranty because we are buying a companies top of the line product. We expect quality when purchasing a premium product and know that the company will stand behind their products and for the unfortunate few who do have product failures that the company offers viable and cost effective solutions. Samsung do the right thing!

Regards,

Mike

SpearDaddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Ace_ExE,

I am curious to know how Samsung provided a solution for this problem? Can you provide this information as to how they fixed your TV.

Thank you,

Mike

userCnbEH3zzlY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
user9oHsNVBdCf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had the same issue last night and Samsung couldn’t do anything to help it’s such frustrating and I will recommend anyone to never ever purchased Samsung product
MitziC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue as of yesterday during my sons 4th birthday party! TV continuously power cycles, tries to load the smarthub menu but never fully does, then cuts off. Just does this repeatedly after we tried to change the video source using the remote that came with the tv. This is really ridiculous for a costly tv from a "reputable" manufacturer. I have a UN55H6400AF. Someone please tell me there is something we can do other than repair at a cost of over 1K...RIDICULOUS

userPK2JlAGBQC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repair at own cost is the only solution when the company offers a 1 year (LOL) warranty when tehy knowingly use circuits that are lasting an average of 12-16 months. Never buy Samsung again.

MitziC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
NEVER! and will be telling everyone I know about this.
userJMHqLgyVsg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After scrolling thru 7 pages of similar posts, I discovered there is no solution and the "Solved" tag is because Samsung posted a note to send them the unit and serial numbers.  My TV is less than 2 years old and this failure is unacceptable although now I get to buy the 4K TV I've wanted all along.  It will NOT be a Sumsung TV nor will I ever purchase another Sumsung product.

LuckyCharm253
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJMHqLgyVsg wrote:

After scrolling thru 7 pages of similar posts, I discovered there is no solution and the "Solved" tag is because Samsung posted a note to send them the unit and serial numbers.  My TV is less than 2 years old and this failure is unacceptable although now I get to buy the 4K TV I've wanted all along.  It will NOT be a Sumsung TV nor will I ever purchase another Sumsung product.

Did you try this solution, which I posted just the other day? Fixed mine.

user2pjx2O6hvz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  Read somewhere to change the batteries in the remote.  That worked!  It stopped turning off and on.