cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5mvHenIUdp
Asteroid

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 49" Class KS8000 4K SUHD TV (UN49KS8000FXZA) started turning off and on in a loop about a year ago JUST after warranty expired.  Chalked it up to a crappy TV and replaced it with an LG OLED.  It's been sitting ever since but I'd like to fix it now seeing all of the complaints.  I removed the back panel and checked the power and main board and they look normal.  All ribbon cables are seated well. I've already tried all of the low-level troubleshooting as you can imagine.

Serial # is 05KC3CYHB02667E

What is wrong with this TV? How do I repair it?  Do I need a new main board?  A new entire panel? What are the troubleshooting steps.  Samsung, help out your current (and former) customers please!

useradg0xyXDbS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having cycling issue With 9000 series (UN65F9000AFXZA) which has turned it into a $5500 paperweight... originally noticed it sometimes I'd used Netflix app & it would usually require unplugging for 2 minutes, but now it hasn't stop cycling for 48hrs, what is the fix?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useradg0xyXDbS, please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
useradg0xyXDbS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, will only stay on 12-14 seconds so don't have the option to check for software version or updates or go to menu & turn off Anynet or check or change anything for that matter

userN0TpTA68IE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever figure it out. I did the same thing. Just need to know what part to replace. It's so annoying that so many people are having the same issue and Samsung isn't even helping us out. 

userTaJmd2rild
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Out of warranty, but I still submitted a service ticket. Given the number of people with the exact same problem, this should be covered by Samsung, IMO. 

UN65KS8000FXZA bought November 2016. 

longreeno
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem with my TV turning off and on has been a constant annoyance for many months now. I tried every possible solution suggested here. Nothing has made a difference. But I still haven’t thrown in the towel just yet. Hopefully if we all share our experiences, we can come up with the solution. I noticed something I can’t explain about these shutoffs that might be a clue in figuring this thing out. Ok, so I tape a certain program and have a bunch of the episodes stored on my DVR. At the end of every episode, PRECISELY  after the announcer says ‘’And on the next show...’’, the TV turns off,  like CLOCKWORK. EVERY time in that EXACT spot. EVERY episode. It has nothing to do with the timer because I can rewind it again to the very spot it turned off and it will happen again. Really weird, right? Usually the shutoffs are completely random and happen only a few minutes or even seconds after the TV is first turned on. Other times, it could be ok for a good half hour. But then on certain occasions, if we are watching something On Demand, it will turn off 5 or 6 times in succession and the only way out of it is to fast forward past that scene. This might seem to indicate that the problem has something to do with the graphics? Could this be a clue somehow to our great mystery? Just thought I’d mention it. Anyone else have this happening to them too? Please share on this thread.

userTaJmd2rild
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me it was about $650 to fix the TV.

longreeno
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What was wrong with it???!! Please share!!
userN0TpTA68IE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please share what was the diagnostic? Is it the main board or the power Supply?