cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTaJmd2rild
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Out of warranty, but I still submitted a service ticket. Given the number of people with the exact same problem, this should be covered by Samsung, IMO. 

UN65KS8000FXZA bought November 2016. 

longreeno
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem with my TV turning off and on has been a constant annoyance for many months now. I tried every possible solution suggested here. Nothing has made a difference. But I still haven’t thrown in the towel just yet. Hopefully if we all share our experiences, we can come up with the solution. I noticed something I can’t explain about these shutoffs that might be a clue in figuring this thing out. Ok, so I tape a certain program and have a bunch of the episodes stored on my DVR. At the end of every episode, PRECISELY  after the announcer says ‘’And on the next show...’’, the TV turns off,  like CLOCKWORK. EVERY time in that EXACT spot. EVERY episode. It has nothing to do with the timer because I can rewind it again to the very spot it turned off and it will happen again. Really weird, right? Usually the shutoffs are completely random and happen only a few minutes or even seconds after the TV is first turned on. Other times, it could be ok for a good half hour. But then on certain occasions, if we are watching something On Demand, it will turn off 5 or 6 times in succession and the only way out of it is to fast forward past that scene. This might seem to indicate that the problem has something to do with the graphics? Could this be a clue somehow to our great mystery? Just thought I’d mention it. Anyone else have this happening to them too? Please share on this thread.

userTaJmd2rild
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me it was about $650 to fix the TV.

longreeno
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What was wrong with it???!! Please share!!
userN0TpTA68IE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please share what was the diagnostic? Is it the main board or the power Supply? 

usersKOo63Aj5b
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, either the remote control is running low on batteries,  failing that, unplug for a few minutes from main power,  failing that, have you got any other remote control devices around? My LED lights remote control kept switching my tv off and on again 

useruJJcjvc5wn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unplug it for for few mins then plug back in

Highlighted
usergMqoQIv3Bo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THrow me onto the pile of ks8000 owners who have had the TV fail right around the two year mark. Make it right, Samsung.

useradg0xyXDbS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At first the unplugging truck used to work for me then as it progressed I had to leave it unplugged for longer & linger periods of time til it got to the point I was unplugging for 2-3 day spans.... 

useradg0xyXDbS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After watching videos from many who suffer same problem, I took off the back and checked all capacitors and found one that wasn’t working but can’t find it anywhere not even on the SAMWHA website

500v

22uf

105•Celsius

radial not axial