cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ace_ExE
Asteroid

Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 60 inch Samsung LED Smart TV that I got from Costco about a year ago, it's worked perfectly up until today.  I was watching some recipe videos on YouTube, when all of a sudden it starts turning off and on, it's been doing the same thing for the past 4 hours

Model #: UN65KU649DFXZA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

249 REPLIES 249
Kelly_A
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try unplugging the TV for a few minutes before trying it again. That should reset it and fix the issue. 

Ace_ExE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried that last night, before I left for work, I had it unplugged for half an hour, when I plugged it back in, the problem persisted, I unplugged it again and figured I try in the morning when I get home

Ace_ExE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just a quick update, when I got home from work, almost 8hrs ago, I plugged it in, after it being unplugged for 12 hours, and nothing, still the same problem, it is currently unplugged since then

And it was plugged into the wall prior to all this trouble 

userrjDp8Zse1D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try putting tape over there blinking

@Ace_ExE wrote:

Tried that last night, before I left for work, I had it unplugged for half an hour, when I plugged it back in, the problem persisted, I unplugged it again and figured I try in the morning when I get home

remote light on the TV 

userBQLSaKuIsb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After unplugging your TV and letting it set for a few minutes to purge itself and reboot, about 5 minutes, try rebooting your cable box. It worked for me, so far.

user3YswyPz0az
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 32” Samsung Smart TV model UN32F5500AF keeps turning off and on no matter how many times you hard reset it, unplug it, plug into a different electrical outlet, etc. (all suggested to me by Samsung support). I am shocked by how Samsung has begun to screw its customers. I have owned many Samsung TVs in the past, but I will never purchase another. Paid a high price for a throw-away TV (can’t bear to think of all these junk TVs being thrown into landfills each day as they fail to work at just 2 years old). I remember the days when your family TV set lasted for 10 or more years. So disappointing Samsung - you have lost your moral compass. And no, I won’t pay to replace the mother board in my set, just to have the new one fail. What a con you have run on people.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your frustration. Can I have your serial number via private message? I would like to look into this more for you.

uservTVrjwBp2e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  It just started today and my TV was very expensive (60inch ).  Had extended warranty just expired Jan 2019 . I have three Samsungs and from everything I've read on various sites, this is a Samsung known issue/problem and it's common.  What can be done.  I'm frustrated, ticked and more...enough to make me look in to other manufacturers.

Olivertwist7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had nothing but problems with customer service at Samsung!! I can't even call it Customer Service. Our TV was doing this very same thing and then the screen just stopped working on 4-22-19. We STILL HAVE NO TV and Samsung has not honored the warranty by resolving this issue. Nobody replies either. I was on the phone for 4+ hours waiting for anyone to answer and I finally hung up and went to bed. Samsung used to be a good name for quality but after this...I am staying away from all things Samsung (phones, dishwashers, tv's...everything).