cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwbFZ6M9UhI
Astronaut

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my UHD Samsung. It keeps turning off and on by itself. I tried unplugging it and it still has a mind of itis own. We have six Samsung TV's and they all work perfectly. The picture on the problem set is awesome when it works.

The model Number is UN40HU6950FXZA. Serial Number <Edit>

The TV is used in the guest bedroom and has been used very little. We have five others that have performed without flaw for years. This was a special purchase that we splurged for and now we wonder if UHD was the way to go.

We learned that there was a class action suit that Samsung supported by replacing a capacitor. Can I bring my TV back to Best Buy to have this service performed?

Please let me know as soon as possible. The kids are coming for Thanksgiving and we would like them to have a working TV in the guest bedroom.

Thank you  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userwbFZ6M9UhI I would be happy to investigate further. Can you please send a Private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the correct serial number as the one that was provided is not coming up as valid in our system. 

AdamTexas
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yay worked!

Mark from Samsung helped me. All we did was to disconnect from the extension cord and plug in the Samsung tv directly to the wall plug. So it worked..

Tv with extention cord turns on and off since it receives low voltage.

Happy now!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNIxAtYpvZB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same problem and would love to know how to resolve it

user5mvHenIUdp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 49" Class KS8000 4K SUHD TV (UN49KS8000FXZA) started turning off and on in a loop about a year ago JUST after warranty expired.  Chalked it up to a crappy TV and replaced it with an LG OLED.  It's been sitting ever since but I'd like to fix it now seeing all of the complaints.  I removed the back panel and checked the power and main board and they look normal.  All ribbon cables are seated well. I've already tried all of the low-level troubleshooting as you can imagine.

Serial # is 05KC3CYHB02667E

What is wrong with this TV? How do I repair it?  Do I need a new main board?  A new entire panel? What are the troubleshooting steps.  Samsung, help out your current (and former) customers please!

useradg0xyXDbS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having cycling issue With 9000 series (UN65F9000AFXZA) which has turned it into a $5500 paperweight... originally noticed it sometimes I'd used Netflix app & it would usually require unplugging for 2 minutes, but now it hasn't stop cycling for 48hrs, what is the fix?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useradg0xyXDbS, please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useradg0xyXDbS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, will only stay on 12-14 seconds so don't have the option to check for software version or updates or go to menu & turn off Anynet or check or change anything for that matter

Highlighted
userN0TpTA68IE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever figure it out. I did the same thing. Just need to know what part to replace. It's so annoying that so many people are having the same issue and Samsung isn't even helping us out.