cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwRabyMEuUB
Astronaut

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our tv just started doing it this morning.  Watching the news and it's constantly turning off and then right back on.   Very annoying!!!!    

jace1113
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, what can we do to process this action further????? because Samsung it’s not replying to me and has been a while now that I’m having this  problem. 

userNLEaQyD1VJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just started having this issue this morning model: UN55HU6950F version TS01

Software version:1300

useruRenNm2lbK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung you lost a customer !! Whoe

LuckyCharm253
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I came to this thread because I was having the same issue with a TV that was given to me a couple years ago by a friend when she moved away. So there was no hope that I would be able to return it to a store or anything.

I was pretty discouraged reading all of these comments and the unhelpful responses by Samsung personnel. But fortunately, I did find this video that got my TV working again in minutes. All it took was a Phillips screwdriver. I unplugged all cables before removing the cover, and was very careful not to yank on the tiny wires, but only the white plastic piece.

I am now watching a YouTube video, and all seems well now! Hope this helps.

userUUrmF8qAfl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What was the video? I am having this same problem now.

useruRenNm2lbK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think it something to do with any wireless connection the TV has to another device.

usereoArU76Y09
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv started the power off cycle today, 3-4 years old, and I have found the network to be suspect.

Looking at possible problems, like auto shut off settings, I wanted to look into software updates that might be available.  Since i have been using another, non samsung, device to connect i had to try and set up the network connection.  It failed.  2-3 times in a row i tried to access the network set up menu and the tv controls froze up until the on/off cycle triggered (it is happening every 4-6 minutes).  It is also worth mentioning that the display did not freeze, the cycling images of a screen saver kept being updated without a hitch, just the tv setting menu disapeared when ì selected the network setup option and the remote became unresponsive.

Attn:  Samsung staff.  You need to post something that the public can see FAST.  This thread looks very bad but a simple public response, even a we don t know, would go a long way to salvaging what seems to be a growing problem.

JessikaZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We started having the same issue with our TV several months ago and it’s extremely frustrating! Sometimes the TV won’t even turn on before it begins the cycle, other times we could be in the middle of watching and suddenly it will turn off and begin the constant “clicking” like it’s trying to turn back on.

We’ve tried unplugging for several minutes- nothing. By the looks of it, Samsung doesn’t really seem to care that this is a huge issue!

userCit1jxHQu9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This appears to be a remote problem and by removing the batteries from the original Samsung remote and using a universal remote solved our issue. Hope this helps someone else!