cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEpv7CUAqnW
Constellation

Re: Tv turns itself off and back on randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have two Samsung’s that started doing same last night (both TVs) n still today. Can’t get either to stay on. They both go on then off.  It’s definitely something on Samsung’s end. Software? So many people having this issue isn’t cool. It’s not a remote control issue or WiFi breech etc as we called our internet provider. Something is “off” here for sure. 

usercGPJk2qcnD
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same thing happen. I have spent hours with the online chat and reading solutions to find out my less than 3 year old tv is garbage. I am all done with Samsung anything. ON to an Iphone and Sony tv. This is ridiculous who's  tv breaks in such a short amount of time. I only watch the thing for a few hours a day.

userwr8oGafOKf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV Model No:UN55H6203AF has started having the same issues.  Pretty sure it is out of warranty.  Just started this week after I unplugged the TV.  Please help

userroPd44sF6P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem - TV turns on for about 3 seconds and then off again - repeating this cycle endlessly until power socket is removed. Can't get to menu or remots to work as the TV doesn;t stay on long enough.

Model : UE32D5520RK

userFyLIDsliS2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,  I had the same problem and realized that the TV was being constantly triggered by an Amazon Fire Stick that was in the room.  I’m not sure if the power button was stuck down or what... but I took out the batteries and it stopped triggering the TV to turn on and off.  So you may have a remote in the room that goes to a different TV, a DVD/BluRay, a Fire Stick or something else that has a stuck button or is just broken and sending a signal to the TV.  Cover the area of the TV that receives the signal and see if it stops turning on and off... then you’ll know it’s receiving a signal from somewhere.

userAHYdobYtCy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep. Just my TV off the wall, tried opening up the back, then realize that I had an Amazon remote that was somehow sending multiple signals to the TV

user1g48j0hXQO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello to anyone struggling with this problem.

Started happening for me early this week. Found this thread and after reading through 26 pages and trying a bunch of stuff think I have managed to work around the problem.

I believe the hardware is fine and the culprit is a bad software update or a failing of Samsungs software to apply the update.

The workaround which had been going now without any on/offs for 4 days was to reset the TV, disconnect wired network and not enable wireless network during setup. Essentially stop the thing from going online and trying to update.

As I said, a work around. Can't do DLNA and Plex but I can do that stuff with more suitable external devices.

I hope this works for some of the people on the thread. A lot of stories from people having their TV supposedly die just out of the warranty.

Good luck

user1g48j0hXQO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disconnect wired network, reset the TV, don't enable wireless (wifi) during setup.

Worked for me, been going for 4 days since I did it.

I think it's a software update problem.

Good luck

userste8nwOnjr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this issue.  The only thing my tv is plugged into is power and it is still turning off and on.  So now I am leaving the tv off.  If I have to buy another tv after just 2 years it will not be a Samsung.  I did not buy a cheap model either and expect it to work longer than 2 years.  I have tried everything from internet suggestions, these work around and YouTube with no success.  My model number is: UN65KS8500FXZA LED 216.  Help, any way to fix this?

Sausland
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. My Samsung tv just started power cycling on and off today. Tried everything. The screen turns blue then turns off and then turns on and screen turns blue then off. 

Looked up online and my warranty expired last month!!!!!!!! Perfect timing! I will never buy another samsung tv