Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar problem how did you solve it

uservVxat7oOVI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bottom Line:  Buy a new/used One Connect Box that matches the model number of your current One Connect Box.

I own a 9000 series that went on the fritz one month ago.  The picture would show up, then blue/green/red lines would fade along the screen, and finally the the whole screen would go black (with the blinking red light on the corner of the TV monitor going non-stop).  This issue cycled about five more times until I never got the picture to come back on.  I called and did the online text support -- none of the steps worked (plug into wall, default reset, firmware update, etc...).  The Samsung rep pointed me to a certified repair shop, but after reading other troubleshooting posts, I saw that was not going to work.

In the process of trying to figure out what was happening, I noticed that my One Connect Box was really hot to the touch.  I cracked open the case to my One Connect Box to see how it was functioning with power supplied to it.  I noticed that the internal fan was no longer operational.  The motherboard for the One Connect Box looked fine, but I figured that something must have burned.

A replacement One Connect Box from the Samsung site will run from $200-$475.  You can probably find one on eBay for a more affordable price -- just make sure it is a match for your model number TV (just look on the bottom of your current One Connect Box; most begin with the letters "BN").  I was able to snag one for $150.  Using my old One Connect Box cable, I hooked the replacement up to my TV and it worked!  Picture has been solid for one month now.  I'm convinced that the One Connect Box is the source of failure for most of us on this forum.  It's not appealing to drop some $200 bucks for a replacement One Connect Box, but it beats buying a whole new TV system.

I hope this helps you save time and money.

uservlyT8hxSuN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Help!! I have the same problem!

userWstplpq2tM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue with my 2012 Samsung led smart T.V. It seems the company is really being run into the ground. To think that a tv at that price would go in 6 years is disgraceful ! Guess I will give LG a try on the new OLED

Samsung_YJvChP7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could be resistors they come with 2 500hr or 2 1000hr rating you can buy 2 2000hr one online for like $10 each and they might have better ones now with all the new technology coming out my sons tv went out after 2 yrs I replaced the resistors has been working now 7 yrs one thing you could try you will know if it takes longer then 5 to 10 sec to turn on and if it shuts off after it come on one might be bad

userFqirJcISUC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 55” inch version and this started with my tv today. I called Samsung and they had me unplug it (duh) and replug, and of course my warranty is expired. There are SO MANY posts about this issue, but I have yet to see what the actual problem is. Can anyone help??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFqirJcISUC, if you would like for us to send out a service technician to address this concern. You can send us a private message to the link below. 

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userEVvpX5G4T8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. Is anyone able to provide a solution?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are experiencing this concern, I would recommend reaching out to us in private messages. You can do so by clicking on the link below.

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.