cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXuZPC8kxT9
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 15 month old tv started doing this. I noticed that when someone walked in front of it it would reboot. Then the same thing if I waved my hand in front of the sensor. I noticed that the red standby light was flashing and flickering. I pulled the batteries out of the remote but it didn't change. I pulled the batteries from the remote for the samsung bluray player and it worked. No more flashing red led and no more reboots. Strange. 

userO669WgfIBh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Removed batteries out of all excess remotes including the Samsung DVD player remote. Plus unplugged TV for 5 minutes. We will see if this works. Thanks for the suggestion.

user3D4lnATEH0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had the same problem on 60 inch.  We started going through the settings and turned off the "anynet" and turned off the "auto shutdown" in the smart hub or systems menu.  So far so good.  Maybe take a trip through your settings and see if something is amiss there...

userAhOy1s7URw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had the same issue today. I was on the verge of writing Samsung off completely. I bought my TV (UN75MU8000) 2 years ago and right off the bat I had issues with the SmartHub and they came and replaced the whole TV. Today I had the issue with it flickering off and on nonstop. I tried disconnecting it for long periods of time, disconnecting my router, disconnecting all HDMI connections from the SmartHub, to no avail. Then, I read something about issues with other controllers that are used to control the TV (DirectTV and Firestick in my case). I started taking the batteries out of all the remotes one at a time, and once I got to my Firestick remote, I noticed the red sensor light on the TV stopped flickering. Easy fix! Check everything!

james_samsung_1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same ,

Model: UN50NU6900FXZA

SKU: 6268403

Hi, I just recently bought the TV this past black Friday 11/29 from Best Buy and am having issues with 

the TV. It turns off/on by itself intermittently. I have tried resetting the TV by unplugging the tv and I have turned off Anynet+ and turned off mobile on settings but the problem still persists. There is no specific thing I watch, the tv turns off in a few minutes. Anyone still having this issue? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@james_samsung_1 We are sorry to hear that, since you did just recently buy the TV you can go back to Best Buy and try for an exchange or if you prefer you can send us a private message with your full serial number and look into other options for you. 

useroyy85PVQbv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me, thus my LED tv is about 5 years old, so no waranty left here in Norway.

Is there a software issue?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroyy85PVQbv Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

userT1EbW4ABdf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Michelle i have same issue the red light keeps blinking non stop now is off but blinking just the button