cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxpX8dJlBaT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here, I thought Samsung was quality but it appears they have went the marketing route that "QUANTITY IS BETTER INSTEAD OF QUALITY" I have a 24" Samsung Computer monitor that I have had 6 years that works beautifully. My Samsung Smart TV started doing the random off and on 4 months after the 12 month warranty expired. I was told by support the same repetitious "turn it off, unplug it routines" that the techs have been "preaching" on this blog. Been through it several times!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT!! i HAVE A LARGE 55" BOOKEND IN THE BACK OF A CLOSET! SAMSUNG WILL NEVER DO "THE RIGHT THING" WITH THOSE OFF AND ISSUES
CharlesRPhoto
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Mike,

Did you ever post a follow up to the fix for your TV? I’m having the same power on/off issue that a ton of Samsung owners seams to be experiencing. My “55 4K curves just started doing this a few days ago. Starts the boot up cycle, samsung logo lights up, screens turns on for a second or two, then TV returns to Standby mode, cycle repeats. It keeps repeating the boot up cycle until I unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.  Very very frustrating for a TV that’s only a year or two old and was not cheap by any means. Thanks in advance for your reply!

-Charles

Charles Ravaglia II
CharlesRPhoto
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please let me know what the fix was! I’m going through the same exact thing on my “55 4K Curved UN55KS8500FXZA.
Charles Ravaglia II
AdamTexas
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

unfortunetely, my TV started to turn on/off. Never stops now. Not good.. not sure what to do.

usermck498VoRF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Those who wrote that this problem was caused by the tv remote are either stupid or trolling.

It's obvious that the problem must be either in the power unit, probably a defective component used in the manufacturing process, or in the software, in this case pulling a firmware update could fix the problem.

In both cases, Samsung's inability to provide a solution is unacceptable.

userjBO6J8VFee
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive had my 55inch for 5 years now.  3 days ago my TV began doing the same thing everyone else has stated.
Call CS & had online help.  Hard reset and it froze during the setup for 3 minutes then shut off again.   Its a little disheartening too invest so much into these TV only to have to pay the same amount to possibly fix them. 

userJUowULIh8y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem and it hasnt been two years yet

userIPnxp5b3o2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.. I also called Samsung.. They turned it over to a warranty center 150 miles from my house.. They called me and said since it's out of warranty I would have to bring it in for them look at.. It's only 3 years old.. Not Happy... can someone please help... the guy at Samsung said they haven't had any problems with the capacitor... yeah right. 

user21FpMtRQ1k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm in the same boat. Ks8000f